Tinking of taking Dudasteride, is it safe? etc

Jojo

hey, the thought of taking dudasteride has crossed my mind because i got sides from the the finasteride. I may start back on the Fin or try Dudasteride. Anyone know how safe Dudasteride is? Are there similar sides? Any advice? Whats a safe small dosage to maintain? thanks

Hi Jojo,

If you suffer from side affects from the finasteride then it will be the same or even worse with the Dutasteride. Dutasteride is a stroger drug and should only be taken by those who have taken Fin and have not have experienced side affects. I suggest to go back on the Fin with 1mg a day if you can withstand... or try Rogaine and Nizoral shampoo

rgds,

Irish

Current Regime:

Minox liquid 5% twice a day

Proscar 1/4 tab a day

Nizoral every 2nd day

MSM 1000mg a day

Silica 200mg a day

AHS 6 months laser treatment- POOR results

Crescina - no results

IRISH

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i started using Dutasteride about 4 months ago and so far so good, i started with a first dose of 2.5mg followed by 1mg the nexy day then 0.5mg a day for roughly a month to top up my system(maybe the occasional extra one for luck lol), my hair loss has stopped with slight re-growth so far on temples but nothing major.

I am now on just 0.5mg a week (except for 4 days i took 1 a day) and it so far hasn't caused me any problems, i will admit if i could afford more than that i probably would take more but for the moment i have just slight stage 2 norwood and only on one side and very little money to buy in a lot of Dutasteride.

Basically if you have very little hair-loss so far like me and you main worry is just stopping the hair-loss you can afford to take less..oh yes im on Nizoral shampoos too but very infrequent and i honestly doubt it has much of an effect for me with hair-loss but does keep the dandruff at bay.

Tony

well i think this thread and the one i JUST commented on are about the same thing.... but ....

on it for a month and a half now .... no sides... seems to be working fine.... it doesn't look like i wash a Labrador anymore...

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Dutasteride has greater DHT (formation)inhibition capabilities that finasteride. If you have grossly negative side-effects from finasteride, these will be greatly amplified with dutasteride.

take care...

Dutasteride is not approved for hair loss treatment in the USA (Finasteride is). It has not been as well researched and the potential side effects are less well understood.

It is stronger and I agree that the side effects (if any) are likely to be more severe. Also sides don't just include short term effects which are obvious but can include long term effects which are not well understood at present.

Originally posted by imissthebarber:

but can include long term effects which are not well understood at present.

Finasteride was only approved for hairloss by the FDA in 1997.

take care...