Natural Hair DHT Resistance

I can't seem to find the answer elsewhere so hopefully somebody else on here can help. 

Without any medication like Finasteride etc. How much DHT does our hair block naturally on average? 

That or i guess, is there even a way to scientifically check how DHT resistant hair follicles are across the scalp? 

I know we can check hair miniaturisation using certain tools, but so far i don't believe DHT resistance has been able to be measured. That would be a really useful tool in the fight against hair loss. 

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

How much DHT does our hair block naturally on average? 

No hair ‘blocks’ DHT, a follicles varying sensitivity to the effects of DHT is what is at play - of which, typically found, the most resistant follicles are those on the side and back of the head, and the more sensitive ones, the front, top and crown. 

In terms of your question - as of today, all I am aware of, that is able to be done, is a high magnification inspection of the scalp, to assess areas of no miniaturisation, which would indicate where the least sensitive hairs are found. 

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

How much DHT does our hair block naturally on average? 

That or i guess, is there even a way to scientifically check how DHT resistant hair follicles are across the scalp? 

I know we can check hair miniaturisation using certain tools, but so far i don't believe DHT resistance has been able to be measured. That would be a really useful tool in the fight against hair loss. 

The problem is DHT resistance is a moving target. It changes with age and environmental factors, such as smoking, stress, diet and hormonal changes. We can only do our best to lead a healthy lifestyle and reduce DHT at source (meds).

11 hours ago, AA1989 said:

The problem is DHT resistance is a moving target. It changes with age and environmental factors, such as smoking, stress, diet and hormonal changes. We can only do our best to lead a healthy lifestyle and reduce DHT at source (meds).

I get what you're saying but is it a case of DHT resistance reduces with age etc. or is it that the most DHT sensitive hairs fall out quicker and the more resistant hair falls out later. 

Isn't that the reason we see such aggressive hair loss in most men and then a slow down as they get older. Their natural DHT resistance is set to different levels depending on genetics. 

So, for example naturally some hair might block only 40-50% of DHT without medication like Finasteride and as a result get hit more than say the hair further back on the midscalp etc. which might block 60-70% DHT. 

That's why i was curious to see if we could find a method to measure the natural DHT resistance of our hair follicles. It seems like there's no real science based method to check. 

I know that Finasteride blocks circa 41% scalp DHT at 1mg/day but Dutasteride is 51% at 0.5mg/day. Depending on how much DHT our hair naturally blocked, we could really have a more accurate idea of whether we'd hit that "100% DHT blocked" kinda situation. 

Apparently hair don't regrow once they've hit like 50% miniturisation but i do know if we can block as much or all scalp DHT, the hair follicles will usually remain indefinitely. 

There's full time smokers out there with perfectly fine hair, so whilst for health i don't think smoking is recommended i don't think it's enough of an antagonist in isolation to cause permanent hair loss. I do know it apparently restricts blood flow so this could influence telogen effluvium rather than something more permanent.