Hasson/ Wong vs. Feller/Bloxham are my choices

RabbitHare

Good Morning- I had 4000 FUT done with Dr. Hasson in 2012. And did an amazing job. He has had me on 1/4 pill of a 5MG Proscar everyday since then. No side effects as far as I can tell. A decade later and with age, I'm starting to lose a bit in the middle, the crown and the hairline and wanted to do one more surgery. Since I'm on the east coast and as much as I would love to be in the hands of Dr. Hasson again. I really don't want to make the trip from Boston all the way to Vancouver, unless I really have to. So with that being said, I was going to call Dr. Fellers office today and get some information. It would be much easier for me, since Im already on the east coast.  I may even consider his offices in Miami where I could rent a place for a month or two and chill out after surgery. I've read many good things about Dr. Feller/ Bloxham. Is one better than the other?  Or would they be neck and neck on the quality of work they do?...I see the prices look to be about the same...Thanks in advance for any replies....

• Administrators

I don’t believe Feller does surgery anymore. Experience wise, I don’t think Bloxham is at the same level as Hasson and Wong. He’s a good surgeon, but if you’re looking for FUE, go to Hasson. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for that...Actually i just called, and Hasson only does FUE. and Wong does both FUE and FUT...I cant afford the FUE right now...4000 grafts would be around 30 k for FUE and FUT around 16,000 with Dr. Wong...I was also maybe thinking of Ron Shapiro in Minnesota..?  What do you think from what others have reviewed on here...Thanks much...

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, RabbitHare said:

Thank you for that...Actually i just called, and Hasson only does FUE. and Wong does both FUE and FUT...I cant afford the FUE right now...4000 grafts would be around 30 k for FUE and FUT around 16,000 with Dr. Wong...I was also maybe thinking of Ron Shapiro in Minnesota..?  What do you think from what others have reviewed on here...Thanks much...

Dr. Shapiro is great talk to @hybonixwho recently went to him.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 minutes ago, RabbitHare said:

I was also maybe thinking of Ron Shapiro in Minnesota..?  What do you think from what others have reviewed on here...Thanks much...

Shapiro changed my life. I’m not the same man anymore and never will be… It’s been amazing having hair again, and the many people I’ve revealed the transplant to had no clue I got it done. They say my hair looks super natural and are surprised when I tell them it’s transplant. They are blown away by my before pictures. My new appearance has elevated my life and I can’t fathom how I was managing my confidence with a bald frontal third in the past.

Shapiro and his team are world class and truly take care of their patients. You should check out my thread in my signature which outlines the entire process. I felt 100% comfortable and actually enjoyed the operation. They took care of me from start to finish.

The results speak for themselves. I am going in for a touch up in May. This is not an issue of their work, but because of the approach they take which makes 100% sense. Start off with a good base/foundation, and determine what next steps are best for the patient. This is to allow the doctor and patient to make educated decisions on touch ups/refinement, and to not blow all of your grafts in a mega session like some clinics do. You want to leave some in the tank and approach the situation holistically.

All in all, I cannot recommend SMG enough. Reach out and talk to Matt Zupan to learn more and get a quote. Tell him Danny sent you and to take care of you. You won’t regret it.

• Like 1

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23