Dr. Arslan Musbeh from Hairmedico in Istanbul: Any thoughts/feedback from 2021/2022?

HairMe

Hi All,

First post on the forum. I've been looking into hair transplants in Turkey and after much research (going down the rabbit hole, that is) have narrowed it down to Dr. Arslan Musbeh from Hairmedico in Istanbul. His experience, work/results (natural hairlines/no over harvesting) and credentials seem legit + sees 1-2 patients a day -- which is ideal.  With his VIP package, he does all the extractions and incisions, supervises his trained assistants during implantation. 

TL;DR: Basically, wanted to see if anyone had recently had their hair transplant at his clinic (in 2021 or even 2022) or had any thoughts/experience/feedback on him and Hairmedico overall.

Below are my shortlisted surgeons who take on 1 (max 2) patient(s) per day:

• Dr. Ekrem Civas from Civas Hair Transplant in Ankara
  • Dr. Karadeniz from AEK in Istanbul
  • Dr. Gur from FUE Capilar/Gur Hair Transplant
  • Dr. Ilker Apaydin from Istanbul

Would you recommend any of them over Dr. Arslan? If so, why?

Thanks in advance! :D

3 hours ago, HairMe said:

Hi All,

First post on the forum. I've been looking into hair transplants in Turkey and after much research (going down the rabbit hole, that is) have narrowed it down to Dr. Arslan Musbeh from Hairmedico in Istanbul. His experience, work/results (natural hairlines/no over harvesting) and credentials seem legit + sees 1-2 patients a day -- which is ideal.  With his VIP package, he does all the extractions and incisions, supervises his trained assistants during implantation. 

TL;DR: Basically, wanted to see if anyone had recently had their hair transplant at his clinic (in 2021 or even 2022) or had any thoughts/experience/feedback on him and Hairmedico overall.

The only one who is decent in that list is FueCapilar(Dr Gur). 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum @HairMe. I don't know why you have isolated one country for the best surgeon who is the best choice for your hair needs? I would be looking at Dr Bicer but if money is a problem you are far better off saving up until you can afford a hair transplant. All the best!

• Like 1

@digi23 I agree, Dr. Gur is one of the better of the bunch but I can't really find many recent before and after results. Any suggestions of where to look?

What do you think about Dr. Civas from Civas Hair Transplant in Ankara?  His credentials are stellar in comparison to the other surgeons in Turkey, bar none (ie. FISHRS, ABHRS, IAHRS, EHRS, AAHRS)

Edited by HairMe

On 2/9/2022 at 4:36 AM, Gatsby said:

Welcome to the forum @HairMe. I don't know why you have isolated one country for the best surgeon who is the best choice for your hair needs? I would be looking at Dr Bicer but if money is a problem you are far better off saving up until you can afford a hair transplant. All the best!

Thanks for the welcome, @Gatsby.  Turkey seems to be the trending hair transplant hot spot producing quality results, even with the "hair mills" dragging it down. I've looked into Portugal, Spain, England and the U.S. (my home turf), but the results overall aren't that much better in comparison to their price points.

I know Dr. Bicer's one of the best out of Turkey for HTs but her graft estimate was on the higher side and I'm a bit concerned about over harvesting. Plus she recommends a 2nd session and frankly, I don't think my donor area could sustain a viable 2nd session without over harvesting.

If you have any other reputable surgeon recommendations in Turkey outside of my list I'd love to hear it.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by HairMe

• Valued Contributor
On 2/9/2022 at 2:41 PM, HairMe said:

Hi All,

I wouldn't recommend any of them to be honest. You are better off saving up and getting surgery done right the first time. When it comes to surgery that you will be looking in the mirror at for the rest of your life then you are betting off saving up for it. Remember you can always get a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' 

• Like 1

Absolutely nobody on your list apart from maybe Gur, And then Dr Bicer who should be 😉She does not over harvest donor areas. Probably one of the most experienced Drs you will find in Turkey (22+ years of experience)

Dr Civas may have a lot of abbreviations after his name, but he is synonymous with very poor work. Infact you only have to search through the forum to find all you need to make a informed decision.

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

@JC71 I might have to reconsider looking more into Dr. Gur and Dr. Bicer -- she seems to be quite popular on here. 

Still a bit surprised there aren't many posts about Dr. Arslan Musbeh from Hairmedico. He seems to checkoff on all the things to look out for with a proper HT surgeon in Turkey (Well-qualified, good/natural results, directly involved with each surgery, 1-2 patients/day, good reviews overall, etc.) o.O

Are there any other surgeons you'd recommend from Turkey?

• Like 1

Dr Bicer is €2 per graft and would be the best choice IMO. You could choose either Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman, but they have the occasional not so good result.

Looking at your list I would say your looking at the cheaper clinics, but it’s better to save up than take any risks.

If you search harder for Hairmedico you will see they are not a good choice. I can’t link anything here on the forum but it’s not difficult to find. 

• Like 2

Spoke with Dr. Bicer's rep, she's taking appointments for November & December at this point :S

Dr. Yaman's results are a tossup, imo. And he seems to be taking on more than 2 patients a day which is a red flag for me.

Thanks for the tips.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JC71 said:

Dr Bicer is €2 per graft and would be the best choice IMO. You could choose either Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman, but they have the occasional not so good result.

Looking at your list I would say your looking at the cheaper clinics, but it’s better to save up than take any risks.

If you search harder for Hairmedico you will see they are not a good choice. I can’t link anything here on the forum but it’s not difficult to find. 

Spoke with Dr. Bicer's rep, she's taking appointments for November & December at this point :S

Dr. Yaman's results are a tossup, imo. And he seems to be taking on more than 2 patients a day which is a red flag for me.

Thanks for the tips.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HairMe said:

Thanks for the tips.

Yup decent clinics are booked up at least a few months ahead. This is quite usual, although it’s sometimes possible to get a cancellation.

Quite a few Drs are doing a few patients a day, particularly the ones doing the incision step only. Check out this chart for some more info:

146572CB-5520-4FBA-AA6E-2D29321BB715.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JC71 said:

Dr Demirsoy could also be a option for you. But if not then just save or spend more on a better Dr/Clinic. See the chart above for some decent/reliable choices. 

@JC71Thanks for the tips and sharing the chart -- very helpful!  I reached out to both Dr. Demirsoy and HLC a month ago and they never got back.  Any idea how to reach Dr. Pekiner?  He seems to have disappeared from the internet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HairMe said:

@JC71Thanks for the tips and sharing the chart -- very helpful!  I reached out to both Dr. Demirsoy and HLC a month ago and they never got back.  Any idea how to reach Dr. Pekiner?  He seems to have disappeared from the internet.

Look through this thread for some info…

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2022 at 9:36 AM, Gatsby said:

May I ask why not Dr. Gur from FUE Capilar/Gur Hair Transplant ?