Fue scalp massage

Alberts

I went to a massage parlor and the lady vigorously  massaged my scalp with oil it didn’t hurt it felt good I am 3 months in to my fue hair transplant will this have any affect or enough time passed already ?

• Administrators

You are totally fine at 3 months. I'm glad you didn't ask about scalp massages stopping hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You are totally fine at 3 months. I'm glad you didn't ask about scalp massages stopping hair loss. 

Yea I wouldn’t ask that I know scalp massages doesn’t stop hair loss only finasteride we need a natural wya to stop hair loss 

• 1 month later...

Alberts,

I was about to ask how long ago you had your hair transplant procedure however, I see that Melvin already answered that question below.  That being said, since you are 3 months post-op, even if the scalp massage didn't feel good, you don't have anything to be concerned about regarding your transplanted hair.  Truthfully, the new transplanted hair follicles are deeply rooted and already by day 7, you would have to get them surgically removed to get rid of them.  Your hair transplant is definitely safe.  But I recommend getting a new massage therapist :-).

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I'm curious to know if the anesthesia had completely worn off by the 3rd month?  Some folks have that numbing feeling for many months and longer (including me).  Glad you had a good massage experience.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

54 minutes ago, JohnCasper said:

I'm curious to know if the anesthesia had completely worn off by the 3rd month?  Some folks have that numbing feeling for many months and longer (including me).  Glad you had a good massage experience.

The local wears off .....the numbing feeling you may experience after the fact has nothing to do with it.  This is typically caused by the doctor going in too deep and inadvertently cutting nerve endings.  Eventually they reconnect and the numbing feeling goes away.

The original post is interesting for another reason.  We know blood supply to the head can actually have a positive effect on transplants.  I am wondering if ongoing massages to the scalp could actually have any impact.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.