Is my donor good, NW7

Hi,

I'm 

I've been following this forum quite a while, and seen some amazing results done to NW6/7. I've lost my hope allready until I saw @Zoomster amazing transformation.

I'm NW7, and got evaluation from Eugenix:

Frontal scalp: 2500 to 2700Mid scalp: 800 to 1000

Thus, total graft requirement is 3500

Proposed Harvest from scalp:-2700 to 3000

Proposed Harvest from beard:-500 to 800

Frontal scalp: 2500 to 2700

Mid scalp: 800 to 1000.

Crown is handled in 2nd sitting.

----------- 

I know that at least 7000-10000 grafts are needed at NW7. 

How does my donor look (scalp and bear), and are these amount of grafts realistic in my case? Or should I forget the HT and keep on shaving?

Hair length in close up photos is 1mm, and in other one after 3 weeks of growth.

-Philip79-

IMG_20220131_170720.jpg

IMG_20220131_170319.jpg

IMG_20220131_170507.jpg

4_IMG_20220122_132434.jpg

Phillip,

Welcome to the forum. To be honest, based on the photos you’ve presented, it doesn’t look like your donor area is all that dense.  While I’m not saying you’re not a candidate, given that you’re a Norwood 7 and require a significant number of grafts to obtain a good amount of coverage and density, you’re going to have to decide what you’d truly be satisfied with and whether or not hair transplant surgery can truly meet those expectations long-term. You will definitely need multiple procedures and most likely, you won’t have enough grafts to touch the crown area.  That said, this is not a professional consultation and I’m not a doctor.   Dr. Rahal may have a completely different opinion.

I’m not sure if you’ve researched surgeons yet or know who you are considering for your procedure but if you are interested in a consultation, feel free to send me a private message and I can get the set up for you.

Otherwise, I suggest setting up a consultation with whomever you’re considering and see what can be done for your specific situation.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

First thing I would do is let your hair grow.  Many doctors at this stage could consider you a non-candidate. That is because you can clearly see through the hair and see scalp.  This would be considered global thinning.  If the hair is actually thinning, it would also thin wherever it's placed.  

A class seven has less hair than what you seem to have - so perhaps things are not as bad as you think. Again, let your hair grow for a good 3-4 weeks and reassess.

Are you on any type of medical therapy?

I would go to the mall and start looking at people.  Look at the way a class 6-7 loses hair.  They will typically keep a forelock, well recessed corners, some density in the mid-scalp and nothing in the crown.  We want to be age and pattern appropriate.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Thank you for feedback!

Im realistic in my goals. Lets say if I have 300cm2 bald area to cover, I would be happy to get 200cm2 covered with good hairline, corners and mid scalp thinning to back (age appropriate). For this around 6k-7k grafts could be enought. 

My donor seems to have more singles than multiple hairs in a graft. This might be a problem. Beard hair I have which can be used but it needs scalp hear to use with.. 

I did let my hair grow for 3 weeks, and I buzzed it off to 1mm, since I did not like the look. I'll take another try!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I would look into starting Finasteride and/or oral Minoxidil. If you don't get sides then after 12 months reach out to someone like Eugenix to see what is possible.

U may be surprised. 

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 3:47 AM, mrmane85 said:

I would look into starting Finasteride and/or oral Minoxidil. If you don't get sides then after 12 months reach out to someone like Eugenix to see what is possible.

U may be surprised. 

Great Advise. Exactly what I did. 

• Like 2

I didn't notice any drastic improvements per se. I did feel that it thickened slightly. But more importantly it certainty stabilised the donor area, which allowed the doctor to know exactly what he had to work with.  

You have a strong beard, which Eugenix will work in your favour! 

I'm only at the start of the journey, so long way off seeing results yet. But the early signs look positive. Certainly bringing hope to all us Grade 7's! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hard to say based on these photos, you have light skin and blonde hair, so it’s hard to see hair. I suggest growing it out a bit longer and retaking photos. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.