Eyebrow transplantation - Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Hello!

I am interested in an eyebrow transplantation, and I thought about going for this to Dr. Jeffrey Epstein. Now I read in another forum that this forum here de-recommends him. I wanted to ask why, since the other doctors that I contacted wanted much more money, so I am pretty confused. Of course someone shouldn't go to a doctor for the price but the other ones I contacted wanted 13,000 and 17,500 Dollar for the procedure and this is way more than I can afford. So I thought about going to Dr. Epstein, but then I was alarmed by the information that he is strongly not recommended here. Could you please tell me more about it?

Thanks!

Narmak: Ha ha, you are right, also with some diamonds between them :D

Baldinga22: $8,500

So where can I see the results of Dr. Epstein, that caused the people to not like his work? 

I had my HT done from Dr. Jeffrey Epstein and my result has been good, nothing much to complain about. I think he used to be recommended here but not anymore. One reason maybe that he is a general plastic surgeon and not just hair transplant doctor. But yes if there are any patients here who got bad result/good result from him , it will be good to know about. Ex patients are the best source of information about a doctor.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer. Great to hear, that you have good results from Dr. Jeffrey Epstein. You are right, the experience from ex-patients is the best. That is why I think that before and after pictures are very important. Do you have some photos from your HT here? 
BTW: Here I read that the forum de-recommended him, so this is why I wanted to ask: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/eyebrow-transplant-have-you-will-you-do-it.600955/ 

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thank you for your answer. Great to hear, that you have good results from Dr. Jeffrey Epstein. You are right, the experience from ex-patients is the best. That is why I think that before and after pictures are very important. Do you have some photos from your HT here? 
BTW: Here I read that the forum de-recommended him, so this is why I wanted to ask: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/eyebrow-transplant-have-you-will-you-do-it.600955/ 

Hello Alex is this a full eyebrow transplant? Like are you just wanting some hairs to even put or are your eyebrows think and want a full rebuild for 8,500? That seems high to me for just a minor fix

I already had two eyebrow transplantations, which went wrong (hairs come out straight and don't lay flat on the skin). So first I thought about getting them out and inserting new ones instead, but it seems that this isn't so easy and can't be done at the same time either. So the new hairs would be placed between the other hairs. 

I think since the number of doctors who perform this is pretty low. Also I feel its more challenging to make an eyebrow look natural. It has to be perfectly done. I assume the doctor does the incision and implantation rather than a technician. it has to be done in such a way to avoid ugly duckling phase. In USA even normal hair FUE costs around $10-15 per graft so for 1000 graft = 10000 is not huge.

Cost of eyebrow restoration can vary depending on what exactly needs to be done.  Is it the head? the body? The tail? The whole thing? It is more refined work when you consider the hair drops immediately and shingles.  That is, the apertures are made more in a vertical fashion and not horizontally.  Additionally, if you look at an eyebrow, some hair grows up, some down, etc so there is a lot of artistry involved.  Typically, an eyebrow takes about 500 grafts, but not always.  An in-person evaluation is crucial.

Check on the credentials of the doctor.  Does he have a fellowship in hair? How about Board certification?  For how long has he been doing eyebrow transplants? Look at photos of results.

What part of the Country are you in? Are you open to travel?

Can you post some photos?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

You are right, eyebrows are so much lesser hairs than HT on the head. I don't know why they are so expensive. 

It’s because of the overall cost and overhead for the procedure…most docs really do not like doing these smaller procedures because it’s a losing proposition for them…it really is a matter of lack of income. 

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I already had two eyebrow transplantations, which went wrong (hairs come out straight and don't lay flat on the skin). So first I thought about getting them out and inserting new ones instead, but it seems that this isn't so easy and can't be done at the same time either. So the new hairs would be placed between the other hairs. 

Alex my friend, be very careful about choosing the best of FUE surgeons for this 3rd eyebrow procedure…the blood supply in the area is already somewhat compromised from the 2 previous procedures and now the yield is going to be very important.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Texan35: I also thought that the doctors does everything, but in my transplantations he just did the incisions and then the assistants do the implantation. But I also think that it is harder because they have to lay flat (what they didn't manage in my case). 

LaserCaps: Yes, if it is done right, the apertures are done different and also the direction where the hair grows. I live in Germany, the problem here is that they don't allow to show before and after pictures. Don't ask me why, I think this is a stupid law. So, yes, I am willing to travel. 

Gillenator: True, I guess they prefer big operations and not when someone comes for just a few hairs. And you are also right, my skin is already damaged because of the procedures and also lasering between the first and second. Who would you recommend? 

Hi @Alex,

So if you get more info about previous patients regarding Dr Epstein can you please update. As I said my experience was good. But in future if I need another procedure for crown, I need to decide to stick with the same doctor or do with another one. Good luck with your process but as others have mentioned, since this is a repair do not rush and go with a very good one.