Scouting and Recommending Unknown Surgeons

• Administrators

I just wanted to let the community know that I have locked the thread of Dr. Felipe Pittella, until we can get some of his patients to come to the forum and share their reviews. I understand and agree there is a need to see real patient reviews. But I also want you guys to understand that we are not specifically scouting surgeons that are known in the forum world. We are scouting for the best surgeons who may be completely unknown to the forum world or the west i.e., North America, Australia, Europe, etc. 

At some point, every surgeon on our list was unknown in our forum or to the western world. Before we added Eugenix, virtually no one had heard or knew about them outside of India. Four years later, now they have become one of the most respected clinics in the world. When we review the work of a surgeon, we should be able to discern a hair mill that is verified on Instagram, and a surgeon who is involved in every step of the procedure, and sharing their real results. I don't want us as a community to not be able to see the woods for the trees. 

I have been around long enough to know when I see real talent and potential, surgeons who would be an asset to our community. That said, I agree with taking slow and diligent steps to ensure we can all agree as a collective. That is the beauty of our community, and what makes our process unlike any other organization anywhere else in the world. I just felt I had to say this because some of you had some harsh things to say, that I don't feel was a fair reflection of our community and process. 

Onwards,

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

We are scouting for the best surgeons who may be completely unknown to the forum world or the west i.e., North America, Australia, Europe, etc. 

I agree. As best practices are shared around the world with HT surgeons, there should be some real gems emerge from all corners of the globe over the coming years. It would be great if this forum shines a spotlight on their practice so that serious, researched patients can seek them out. Consider Dr. Zarev. He's not a member of this forum ( I don't think?) but our forum has definitely raised his international profile. Now imagine dozens of Zarevs' popping up all over and reaching a mature international client base through posts on here.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

When we review the work of a surgeon, we should be able to discern a hair mill that is verified on Instagram, and a surgeon who is involved in every step of the procedure, and sharing their real results. I don't want us as a community to not be able to see the woods for the trees. 

I also agree. But more information allows for greater scrutiny and if you can pass that test, you should be a recommended clinic on here. It would be good to hear a few, honest patient reviews. Like Zarev, perhaps we won't get much in ways of reviews from patients of Dr. Pittella because his patients aren't are local and, I assume, English is not their first language. But over time, like with Dr. Zarev, we get an accountable review from someone like @HugoXwhich provides valuable insight into a little known, but intriguing, clinic. That's why I hope that, over time, someone who lurks on this forum takes a flyer on Dr. Pittella and then comes back with a review on the entire experience. 

I'm still fairly new and so I'm only adding my own opinion at any one point in time. This forum is still the best place, byyyyyy farrrrrrr, to come and research top HT clinics and surgeons. Provides everyone an opportunity to see results from new clinics to the established ones, or to at least learn more about the different options out there.

Edited by kirkland
  • Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, kirkland said:

I agree. As best practices are shared around the world with HT surgeons, there should be some real gems emerge from all corners of the globe over the coming years. It would be great if this forum shines a spotlight on their practice so that serious, researched patients can seek them out. Consider Dr. Zarev. He's not a member of this forum ( I don't think?) but our forum has definitely raised his international profile. Now imagine dozens of Zarevs' popping up all over and reaching a mature international client base through posts on here.

I also agree. But more information allows for greater scrutiny and if you can pass that test, you should be a recommended clinic on here. It would be good to hear a few, honest patient reviews. Like Zarev, perhaps we won't get much in ways of reviews from patients of Dr. Pittella because his patients aren't are local and, I assume, English is not their first language. But over time, like with Dr. Zarev, we get an accountable review from someone like @HugoXwhich provides valuable insight into a little known, but intriguing, clinic. That's why I hope that, over time, someone who lurks on this forum takes a flyer on Dr. Pittella and then comes back with a review on the entire experience. 

I'm still fairly new and so I'm only adding my own opinion at any one point in time. This forum is still the best place, byyyyyy farrrrrrr, to come and research top HT clinics and surgeons. Provides everyone an opportunity to see results from new clinics to the established ones, or to at least learn more about the different options out there.

Great points, I agree and Dr. Pittella agrees. There’s a challenge because there’s a language barrier, but I will help out if anything is misspelled or grammatically incorrect. I feel we’ve got ourselves a diamond in the rough, a talent that should be recommended. But of course, we will get a better idea once we have more work to review.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.