Redness in donor area 2 years post FUE

Who was the doc?

This is not normal and I have never seen a case of permanent redness. Completely amateur, unsubstantiated guess - perhaps the blood supply in the donor area got manipulated or damaged in such a way that the skin gives off a permanent red hue. 

I would get it checked out by a dermatologist if you are concerned about any health issues. As far as hair transplant world and aesthetics, this is only an issue if your hair is normally buzzed that short. 

Since your hair transplant is otherwise perfect, I would just keep the hair longer in the back, forget about it and live your life. 

Even if this redness was not there, you should keep your hair longer than it is currently, to conceal the FUE scars. 

Edited by SadMan2021

Interesting - maybe @Raphael84 could shed some light? 

One of my friends has something similar on the back of his scalp (he's not had a hair transplant) - I'm not sure if its eczema, or perhaps a birth mark etc - but it looks very similar to what you have going on here. I'm presuming its definitely from the HT then, it wasn't like that before? Do you have the surgical pre ops shaved down?  

• Like 1

Interesting, it looks like a birth mark but obviously is not. 

I see the scars caused by the extractor machine are quite big therefore as already suggested the blood capillaries might have been damaged 

Another explanation could be an allergic reaction caused by the shampoo or other products you have used/taken post op.

You  really need to see a dermatologist

• Like 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, hairywrongplaces said:

Red donor area, still present 2 years post FUE. Not sore or itchy. Does it just persist with some people? Absolutely flawless procedure otherwise, recepient area is perfect, skin looked healthy within 2 weeks.

Why did you delete your pictures? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.