Possiblity of grafts popping out after lifting weights?

With todays ultra refined techniques, I've heard it's almost impossible for this to happen after day 5 or so because the incisions are so small. Should losing grafts in this way be a real concern or is it nothing to worry about? Has this ever happened to anybody??

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

With todays ultra refined techniques, I've heard it's almost impossible for this to happen after day 5 or so because the incisions are so small. Should losing grafts in this way be a real concern or is it nothing to worry about? Has this ever happened to anybody??

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

popping out? no that's not a concern. you are told not to lift weights because you can stretch your scar.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

HairIsThere,

Lifting weights on day 5 is risky unless you're lifting virtually nothing and doing dozens of reps. That said, it's highly unlikely that your grafts would pop out after 5 days. It's best to heed caution however, for the first 10 days since by that time, follicular units would have to be surgically removed.

Best wishes,

Bill

Yeah I'm actually now at 3 weeks post op and I didn't do any exercising until the first week was over...and even then I just did body lifts like pushups and chinups and things like that but really no weights at all..the only weights I do now is lat pulldowns and isolated leg exercises like leg press and leg curls...everything else I just use my body as weight. I know none of my grafts ever popped out because I would have probably seen it and had blood running down my forehead which I never had but I was just wondering if that was even a possibility.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

I was told I could resume moderate activity (walking/jogging) 2 weeks post op, & more strenuous activity (lifting weights) 3 weeks post op. I'd take it easy the first two weeks, lock a chastity belt on your head & protect those babies until their locked & loaded. Why risk it?

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.