2060 grafts Fuegenix, Dr Munib Ahmad april 2021

Pupuh

Hi Everyone,

I’m  P from Holland. 50 years old.
My baldness started when I was 25 years old at the front (temples)
I started in 1998 with Aminexil (stopped in 1999) and in 1999 with finasteride.
Luckily my hair loss has stabilized
In 2000 and 2002 I’ve had 2 small FUT ht’s  with laser at the temples.
The density of this ht’s was poor, and the hairline was asymmetrical.
I always wanted a Fue ht to restore my hairline before my 50th birthday. My condition was that I wanted a hair spairing HT

So I did a lot of research on a Dutch hair forum for chosing a good clinic.
I’ve had 2 consults.
The first was at the clinic who did the earlier FUT ht’s.
They wanted to transplant 1250-1500 grafts with a density of 40 grafts/cm
The second consult was by Fuegenix. I had already read a number of positive reports about this clinic.
The doctor, Dr Munib showed that I need 2000 grafts. He would also shave a bit to fill in the low density of the old FUT ht’s
Density would be 55/ 60 grafts/cm.
I really wanted to go for quality so I chose Fuegenix. Full treatment done by Dr. Munib Ahmad.
The HT was planned for the end of April, 5 days before my 50th birthday. So just in time 😊
A total of 2060 grafts were removed and replaced. It is 8 months ago and I couldn’t be happier with the results till now

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

after 2 weeks.jpg

after two weeks left.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Nice design. You have great hair for 50 years old. What is your family history like in terms of grading their baldness?

Thank you.

By my father started baldness at 35 year. But it was different. It was thinning over his scalp. Not only at the front My grandpa also thinning over his scalp

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Pupuh said:

7 months 1.jpg

7 months!

7 months 2.jpg

7 months 3.jpg

7 months 4.jpg

7 months 5.jpg

7 months!

Wow! Brilliant results so far!

Can I ask you how much FueGenix charges per graft? They're doing a lot of good work so would be great to know how their prices compare to the other top clinics in Europe.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, Berba11 said:

Wow! Brilliant results so far!

Can I ask you how much FueGenix charges per graft? They're doing a lot of good work so would be great to know how their prices compare to the other top clinics in Europe.

Thanks!

The price depends if you want a hair sparing Fue or not.  If you want to know you can take contact with Fuegenix. He can make a personal plan.

• Valued Contributor
On 1/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, Pupuh said:

Thanks!

The price depends if you want a hair sparing Fue or not.  If you want to know you can take contact with Fuegenix. He can make a personal plan.

I'm not sure what 'hair sparing' is?

It would be really useful to the wider community if you were able to tell us what you were charged per graft. That way we can understand where FueGenix sit price-wise in the European market. I had a HT a few weeks ago so knowing the price isn't for my personal benefit and I wouldn't want to trouble the clinic unnecessarily for a quote.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Hairsome said:

@Berba11 He means partial shave, i.e. only shaving the recipient area and the part of the donor region where the grafts are harvested - as shown on his pictures. 

Ah ok - thanks.

Yes many clinics have a different price for shaved vs non-shaved so would be great know what FueGenix charge (in both cases). Their work looks really good. If they'e on the more affordable end of the spectrum that would be very welcome in Europe!

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your concern and i think we can all see it if we want to see them even without the big arrows. 

Yes we do use microscopes (and yes with high enough magnification). And yes i see these small errors unfortunately. These small misses are unfortunately possible with a fue hair transplant and don't make the hairline pluggy at al. If you think they do, then you're just not the right patient for my clinic. 

This is one of the reasons why i choose to post high quality photos on my website where you can even use the zoom function and why i always tell my patients to make high quality photos if they post them online. Because if you think as a patient that a doctor can guarantee no multi at al in the hairline, even when using microscopes, it's going to be a hard journey my friend. 

Try to get some photos of this HD quality of top surgeons and you will see some cases where multis are missed unfortunately. Don't be surprised. We just don't blur our images on these parts or comb the hair in a way you wouldn't see them.

Anyhow patient satisfaction is the key, and this can only be achieved when you are 100% truthful to your patients. I would even give this patient a free removel of these multis, because it bothers me as a artist. But i know for 100% sure that this doesn't bother him and others that see him in real life. Probably even you wouldn't know that he had a hair transplant if you saw him in real life. 

For the hairline we only use single grafts from the nape and from behind the ears that are checked with microscopes. 

Hope this answers your concerns. Because as a hair surgeon we reconsider more things then just count the multis in the hairline afterwards. Things like  grafts microscopic preparation, grafts survival rate if preperated, transection, telogen hairs, how many singles, how many peaks, etc etc for each case. A hair surgeon considers more things that can lead to a poor or good outcome and in the end a patient just ends up counting multis in the hairline if he isn't informed correctly before the hair transplant. Furthermore it also depends on the design, i.e. it is more difficult to hide every multi behind a single, when making multiple peaks, then is it when you make a straight line without peaks. 

Dont get me wrong, this isn't in any case a justification because most of our cases dont even have these little errors. This is just to clarify things on how the hair transplants really are and what you can expect as a patient. 

• Like 5