Female Hairline Lowering

I am a female from the UK, i am born with a natural high forehead and want to get it lowered with hair transplant. Can anyone recommend UK based clinics that perform this procedure or know of any patients who had it done?? I am not suffering from hair loss.

if your adament about the U.K the farjos are the only aption. however your female and will probably be best going for Fue to aviod the Strip scar,

no clinics in the uk are good enough at FUE at the moment.

do some long and hard reaserch do not go with the first doc you see.

you will have to travel to get the best outcome, however you may not need to go anyfurther than europe.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

As Balboa said, the Farjos' really are the only clinic in the UK worth considering in my opinion.

There is also the BHR Hair Transplant Clinic in Brussels, other than that I'd personally recommend travelling further a field.

Edit: I have just checked and the Farjo website is down, however, you can get some info and contact them via this link Farjo

London26,

As a female with a naturally high forehead and no hair loss, I think it's important to consider and research all your options thoroughly before proceeding. While some women consider state of the art hair transplant procedures to lower their hairline, others have undergone female hairline lowering procedures. Both come with a long list of pros and cons but I want you to have all the information before making a decision. For a recent interesting topic on hairline lowering / forehead reduction procedures, click here. As you can see, opinions vary on this procedure, but it may be worth doing some research on.

In the UK, I strongly recommend Coalition members Dr. Bessam Farjo and Dr. Nilofer Farjo. Despite Sparky's claim that you should avoid hair transplantation in the UK, the Farjo's have a proven track record of performing state of the art hair transplants with excellent results.

Since you mentioned him, Coalition member Dr. Feriduni is also doing excellent work and certainly worth considering.

All 3 of these surgeons (amongst several others) have met our high standards for the elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. They've also been visited and observed in live surgery by Patrick Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network. To view the highlights of these and dozens of other visits to leading hair transplant clinics, click here.

If there's anything else I can do to help you, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am a female and I had a transplant procedure performed in 2007 by a Coalition doctor to lower my hairline a tad, but mostly to fill in my genetic fronto-temporal recessions. I was born that way so I haven't suffered from hairloss as I never had hair there to begin with. icon_wink.gif

If you'd like me to send you a link to my online album, please let me know. I'd be happy to do that for you. (I prefer to share it with individuals as opposed to on a forum. icon_wink.gif)

Edited by Goldilocks

Goldilocks,

If you've posted your album online already, how come you object to linking to it on the forum? You've been providing a great service to other women considering hair transplant surgery themselves.

If you're afraid of being identified, you can always crop the photos so your face isn't seen. I'll be happy to help you with that if you'd like. If you want help, feel free to send me your photos at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

All the Best,

Bill

I have previously helped one female from England with lowering her hairline. For us, a quicker, cheaper, and faster option is to use a trichophytic browlift approach, and instead of raising the brows, we excise forehead skin and advance the hairline down. It is about an hour procedure and the hair is there immediately.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

London, I sent you a private message asking you for your email address so I can invite you to view my online album. icon_smile.gif

Bill, I have my reasons for not wanting to post my album on the forums. Maybe in the future, but I'm not yet ready to take that step. I know I know, I can block out my face, but that just doesn't seem to be enough. I guess maybe I'm a little insecure...or paranoid... icon_razz.gif

• 3 weeks later...

hi im new to this forum have been searching for a dr to lower my hairline which has bothered me for a really really long time...im in melbourne..i do not have hairloss and have been recommended for 2000 grafts by dr knudsen and dr bosnich...contemplating also surgically lowering hairline however i have young children and am abit scared to do something that drastic....not sure if lowering will give me the look that im after and am terrified of shock loss...thanks

oh goldilocks can you send me some pics thanks

Originally posted by whiteorchid8:

hi im new to this forum have been searching for a dr to lower my hairline which has bothered me for a really really long time...im in melbourne..i do not have hairloss and have been recommended for 2000 grafts by dr knudsen and dr bosnich...contemplating also surgically lowering hairline however i have young children and am abit scared to do something that drastic....not sure if lowering will give me the look that im after and am terrified of shock loss...thanks

oh goldilocks can you send me some pics thanks

I just sent you a private message so I can get your email address. icon_smile.gif