Recommendation 28yo - medications before FUE

JamesLH

Hello guys,

I am planning to do FUE  at Cotellessa-Awada in Spain (not much on them here, but had chat with Dra. and she seems very capable) in about half year.

She recommended me to start with medications and supplements:

- everyday dutasteride and minoxidil

- some vitamin supplements and shampoos (not much relevant)

As I cannot find minoxidil in oral form I started with dutasteride 0,5mg (Avodart) everyday.

After approx 10 days I started to experience subtle chest pain on left side (no ED or libido decrease). As it didn't go away after few days I decided to wait some time and reduce dosage.

Now I take 1 pill per week. I decided to visit my doctor to ask about side effect and if it is heart related and he told me that its more likely a muscle tissue issue (haha) and not heart relevant. But I decided to ask him for prescription for finasteride anyway to see if it will suit me better.

Does anyone have similar experience or know what is the issue with dutasteride? 

Many thanks guys.

Be well.

Jakub

EDIT: maybe it was answered somewhere on forum, but I didn't find posts relevant to dutasteride and chest pains. sorry about that

Edited by JamesLH

• 2 months later...

Hey James,

I was wondering how you came across Dr. Cotellessa and do you trust her work?  I came across her as well and she seems like a great doctor.  This industry is more new to me and it seems as if she isn't as popular as other doctors yet, so I just wanted to hear your input.

Thanks  

8 minutes ago, Joe2432 said:

Hey James,

I was wondering how you came across Dr. Cotellessa and do you trust her work?  I came across her as well and she seems like a great doctor.  This industry is more new to me and it seems as if she isn't as popular as other doctors yet, so I just wanted to hear your input.

Thanks  

Hello Joe, I was simply going through posts here on the forum and somebody mentioned here. I had an hour long call with here and she seemed competent and trustable. Now I cannot give you more informations as I am waiting for the date of transplant. But give her a call, her assistant will set-up a call with Dra., and she will also prescribe medications for you. Also the whole procedure is being paid by days she works on you - not by number on grafts. Two days are approx 4-5k eur. (downpayment is a must as she has long list of patients waiting).