Craters / Pitting in the recipient area

Hello, 

I had my hairline done and I'm 12 days post-op. I'm healing well and most of the scabs have now fallen off. There seems to be an issue with one area though. When the scab fell off, it revealed a small crater, about 1.5 cm wide and maybe 1/2 cm deep. It's quite noticeable in person. I have another one on the other side of my hairline where the scab has not fallen off but it looks like it might have the same issue.

I'm wondering if any of you have experienced something like this before? Did it eventually go away? What exactly is happening here?

I had been in touch with my clinic coordinator and had been advised to put some antibiotic ointment on it, which I have but have not received any reply about what exactly is causing the holes and if these are temporary or not.

1128812076_ScreenShot2021-12-27at14_29_17.thumb.png.bf8cba7fb230cc15a707e70829d1f8b6.png

1691679284_ScreenShot2021-12-27at14_29_43.thumb.png.8af9013f21021b7746e6322112fcce8c.png

6 hours ago, div777 said:

Hello, 

I had my hairline done and I'm 12 days post-op. I'm healing well and most of the scabs have now fallen off. There seems to be an issue with one area though. When the scab fell off, it revealed a small crater, about 1.5 cm wide and maybe 1/2 cm deep. It's quite noticeable in person. I have another one on the other side of my hairline where the scab has not fallen off but it looks like it might have the same issue.

I'm wondering if any of you have experienced something like this before? Did it eventually go away? What exactly is happening here?

I had been in touch with my clinic coordinator and had been advised to put some antibiotic ointment on it, which I have but have not received any reply about what exactly is causing the holes and if these are temporary or not.

1128812076_ScreenShot2021-12-27at14_29_17.thumb.png.bf8cba7fb230cc15a707e70829d1f8b6.png

1691679284_ScreenShot2021-12-27at14_29_43.thumb.png.8af9013f21021b7746e6322112fcce8c.png

Not sure, but this looks like infection possibly? I dont think its dark enough for it to be necrosis.

I will tag @DrTBarghouthi, he will probably respond his opinion on this.

Which clinic did you go to?

Edited by digi23

Thanks for the mention @digi23

Yes it doesn’t look like necrosis to me. However l, do you have immediate post op photos? In some cases it can be an area of dense incisions that have opened up and caused larger wounds. I would use the antibiotic on it and this will eventually peel off once the skin under heals. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Definitely keep a close eye on this and send pics to your surgeon.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY