It has been 55 days since my fue hair transplant

Alberts

It should not have an effect on the transplants.  What shampoo are you using? It is typically the alcohol content which will dry the scalp and create the flakes.  Why not try baby shampoo? 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

21 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

It should not have an effect on the transplants.  What shampoo are you using? It is typically the alcohol content which will dry the scalp and create the flakes.  Why not try baby shampoo? 

I am using Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo the dandruff doesn’t bother me I just hole it doesn’t affect the transplant. 

2 hours ago, Alberts said:

It has been 55 days since my fue hair transplant and I have dandruff which started a few weeks ago. Will it affect my grafts or my hair from reaching full potential. Should I do something or just leave it. 

You should use Nizoral schampoo, or the equivelent. A schampoo that has the ingridient ketoconazol.

A little bit of dandruff will not effect your hair transplant progress or growth. Just be sure to follow your doctor’s postop instructions and in most cases, everything will be fine. New growth should begin approximately 3 to 5 months after surgery and will continue up until 12 to 18 months when your hair transplant is fully mature and your true results can be seen.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

A little bit of dandruff will not effect your hair transplant progress or growth. Just be sure to follow your doctor’s postop instructions and in most cases, everything will be fine. New growth should begin approximately 3 to 5 months after surgery and will continue up until 12 to 18 months when your hair transplant is fully mature and your true results can be seen.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Do you suggest I use nizoral shampoo or just continue using baby shampoo ?

• Moderators

I would try using nizoral once or twice a week and see if that stops the dandruff. The ketoconazol in nizoral may also help a bit with hair growth. I used to use nizoral years ago and I felt it helped slightly.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.