Dr Arshad @ The Hair Dr, Leeds - 2,606 FUE - 13th December 2021

maxamill

1 hour ago, Britalien said:

Thanks for the update, yeh I don’t think that the middle is going to improve massively. Could we see it dry/without any product ? 
Remind me, are you in contact with Dr Arshad ? Just wondering if he has seen this update. 🙏

Yeah I send through monthly updates, with his team scheduling a calling with me this week.

Just now, maxamill said:

Yeah I send through monthly updates, with his team scheduling a calling with me this week.

Be interesting to hear the feedback, at month 7.5 we really do have a good idea of how the results are going to end up. Let’s see what they say, personally I think it’s going to take a top up/second procedure. Sorry but that’s just speaking openly and honestly 😞

11 minutes ago, Britalien said:

Be interesting to hear the feedback, at month 7.5 we really do have a good idea of how the results are going to end up. Let’s see what they say, personally I think it’s going to take a top up/second procedure. Sorry but that’s just speaking openly and honestly 😞

I appreciate the honest feedback. I would be very surprised if I don't require a top-up. Obviously I will wait for 12-15 months, however I'm nowhere near mentally ready to go for another procedure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 2:10 PM, Britalian said:

Had a call with the clinic this morning who were extremely helpful and understanding. Explaining there goal is to make sure I’m 100% and will provide a free top-up as soon as I’m ready. Its extremely likely that I will take it, just when I’m ready and it fits into life obligations etc.

As mentioned by the others, you really do feel they care.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, maxamill said:

Had a call with the clinic this morning who were extremely helpful and understanding. Explaining there goal is to make sure I’m 100% and will provide a free top-up as soon as I’m ready. Its extremely likely that I will take it, just when I’m ready and it fits into life obligations etc.

As mentioned by the others, you really do feel they care.

Hey Maxamil, any updates? This clinic is very local to me which is a temptation to go with them. 

As I’m moving house and will not get a chance to replicate the same lighting/angles, I’ll provide final picture updates which are a little under 11.5 months.

Evidently there is a significant improvement from my pre-transplant days. Wearing my hair down, looks better.

However it is also noticeable that there is a severe lack of growth in the front, especially middle. And to be completely honest, I have no confidence in wearing my hair up, I will only go with it flat-down/push to the side. For any social events, toppix is must.

I did catch up with the clinic a month ago, and they have been asked me to come for an examination. However unfortunately I don’t live close and about to travel for 7 months. They did however offer me a free top-up last time we spoke.

Photos are just out of a hot shower which is why it may look red. Can’t see those now etc.

645B4A19-900D-4FB5-8099-D718416CF966.thumb.jpeg.7dd5e5678b62e7ab760eeba538f67162.jpegB925C96D-A334-4EEA-920D-57945D190FA5.thumb.jpeg.c661571223863ab7cea8b44d20619703.jpeg

• Sad 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:42 PM, Pbaird98 said:

What are they planning in terms of a top up procedure, I’m guessing at least 1k+ 

We haven’t discussed actual grafts - I haven’t/won’t be able to visit the clinic until next summer 

• Administrators
On 11/22/2022 at 1:37 PM, maxamill said:

Yes - they have offered a free top up

@Melvin- Moderator - keen to know your opinion on the results 

I agree it is lacking density in the very front. I think a top up is warranted. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 months later...

Sorry I've been radio silent, as I'm currently living in Central America, I haven't had a chance to visit the clinic since the procedure day. However we've had many calls, with the clinic reassuring me they will make sure I'm 100% happy and they're ready to book me in whenever I am. 

The flexibility is appreciated a lot, especially as the waiting additional time is completely on me. 

I haven't locked in a date but this is most likely going to be around September.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Although the below was over 8 months ago, and 11 months after the procedure, there hasn't been much change. So I've confirmed and booked in for a top-up with Doctor Arshad for 11th September.

I'll be at their new clinic so I can take some pictures and will provide an update with photos once I've visited!

On 11/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, maxamill said:

As I’m moving house and will not get a chance to replicate the same lighting/angles, I’ll provide final picture updates which are a little under 11.5 months.

Evidently there is a significant improvement from my pre-transplant days. Wearing my hair down, looks better.

However it is also noticeable that there is a severe lack of growth in the front, especially middle. And to be completely honest, I have no confidence in wearing my hair up, I will only go with it flat-down/push to the side. For any social events, toppix is must.

I did catch up with the clinic a month ago, and they have been asked me to come for an examination. However unfortunately I don’t live close and about to travel for 7 months. They did however offer me a free top-up last time we spoke.

Photos are just out of a hot shower which is why it may look red. Can’t see those now etc.

645B4A19-900D-4FB5-8099-D718416CF966.thumb.jpeg.7dd5e5678b62e7ab760eeba538f67162.jpegB925C96D-A334-4EEA-920D-57945D190FA5.thumb.jpeg.c661571223863ab7cea8b44d20619703.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 9:14 PM, Marko7t4 said:

Looking forward to seeing how the top up goes mate. Did they say how many grafts would be needed?

As I've been away or in London, I haven't had a chance to visit them before hand to discuss. I'll keep you updated!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@maxamill

Wish you all the best brother..top up will solve the issue ..good that the doctor is standing behind you and offering you a free touch up...surgery can go wrong bt when the surgeon stands by the patient it really helps....

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 4 weeks later...

Went to have my top-up at 8am today. Finished at the clinic at 3:30pm - I cannot emphasis how pleasant and smooth the top-up procedure was.  

Arshad reviewed and agreed that this wasn’t bad but could be improved. They initially recommended 700 grafts for my hair, but I asked for maximum density, and they went above and beyond, completing 1050 grafts!

As highlighted by many others, the personal touch from Dr Arshad and the entire team is second to none. Ignoring the fact how beautiful his new clinic is, they really do make you feel like a VIP. A really nice touch is the private waiting room you have to relax in, with a TV and full of treats!

As with last time, you’re handed a full medical bag which includes all medication, extra bandages and even a complete timetable of what to take, how many and and what time. Really does simplify down.

Probably sounds like a sponsored post, but I honestly cannot find a single fault in todays experience. 

IMG_9046.jpeg

Edited by maxamill
  • Like 2

• Administrators

That’s awesome, Dr. Arshad is truly an ethical gentleman and great doctor.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, maxamill said:

Went to have my top-up at 8am today. Finished at the clinic at 3:30pm - I cannot emphasis how pleasant and smooth the top-up procedure was.  

Arshad reviewed and agreed that this wasn’t bad but could be improved. They initially recommended 700 grafts for my hair, but I asked for maximum density, and they went above and beyond, completing 1050 grafts!

As highlighted by many others, the personal touch from Dr Arshad and the entire team is second to none. Ignoring the fact how beautiful his new clinic is, they really do make you feel like a VIP. A really nice touch is the private waiting room you have to relax in, with a TV and full of treats!

As with last time, you’re handed a full medical bag which includes all medication, extra bandages and even a complete timetable of what to take, how many and and what time. Really does simplify down.

Probably sounds like a sponsored post, but I honestly cannot find a single fault in todays experience. 

IMG_9046.jpeg

Looks very clean work. Happy growing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks good, excited to follow your progress 🙏

View my thread

On 11/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, maxamill said:

that result was not that bad at all.

very classy he offered a free 2nd procedure