Round 2 at HMR, 2600 grafts

• Administrators

Growing in nicely, @Gokuhairline also went to HMR. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

growing nicely indeed and yes i also went to hmr and will be 4 months in 3 weeks and growing by the hour.  

Oh cool. I see yours is coming along nicely as well. What all are you taking to maintain your hair?

Edited by WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt

15 hours ago, WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt said:

Some more:

20211214_233437.jpg

20211216_212139_(2).jpg

Looks nice.

I saw some sick overharvesting from HMR on facebook reviews, all I have seen before have looked really good so I was quite surprised. There were like 3-4 cases.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, digi23 said:

Looks nice.

I saw some sick overharvesting from HMR on facebook reviews, all I have seen before have looked really good so I was quite surprised. There were like 3-4 cases.

Oh dang! I actually thought the sides of my head had been overharvested, up until like a month ago when they filled in. I just can't do high fades anymore because the scars will show, but I knew that would happen with an FUE.

20 minutes ago, WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt said:

Oh dang! I actually thought the sides of my head had been overharvested, up until like a month ago when they filled in. I just can't do high fades anymore because the scars will show, but I knew that would happen with an FUE.

Yes its difficult to tell in your case because you have very long hair over the donor area. Do you have any photos with shorter hair? 

This was two of the cases I saw, pretty bad overharvesting from Dr Cortez

image.png.67ca35476edbd94594250c9c0d7fc3c1.png

image.png.a44b144df553fb88dc870413ed54aaa9.png

Edited by digi23

27 minutes ago, WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt said:

You're not gonna do finasteride? I feel like it has really made a difference for me as far as the speed at which the implanted hairs started growing, along with helping my existing hair thicken up......

nope....i didn't lose all the implanted hairs and actually started growing around 2.5 months as far as thickness....theres shampoos/conditioners for that ...and topical finas is about to come out soon from hasson so maybe that can be an option later

• Like 1

7 hours ago, digi23 said:

Yes its difficult to tell in your case because you have very long hair over the donor area. Do you have any photos with shorter hair? 

This was two of the cases I saw, pretty bad overharvesting from Dr Cortez

image.png.67ca35476edbd94594250c9c0d7fc3c1.png

image.png.a44b144df553fb88dc870413ed54aaa9.png

These pics are from 4 months ago, they are fresh out the shower with my hair still kinda wet...

20210929_210351.jpg

20210929_205718_(1).jpg

20210929_205659_(1).jpg

7 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

nope....i didn't lose all the implanted hairs and actually started growing around 2.5 months as far as thickness....theres shampoos/conditioners for that ...and topical finas is about to come out soon from hasson so maybe that can be an option later

Yeah, I just finished a bottle of Polaris shampoo. What do you use?

i mean i am not an expert but could also be since its your 2nd procedure ....i've been following a few of hmr cases and this is the first one i've seen of "over harvesting" could also be your physiology , everyone is different and the Dr. def mentions that....as far as shampoo i use nizoral and Patricks

13 hours ago, digi23 said:

Hmm yea, your donor looks to be pretty exhausted, but looks good when you grow it out longer.

8 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

i mean i am not an expert but could also be since its your 2nd procedure ....i've been following a few of hmr cases and this is the first one i've seen of "over harvesting" could also be your physiology , everyone is different and the Dr. def mentions that....as far as shampoo i use nizoral and Patricks

Yeah, I'm not really worried about it.

I only posted them old pics just to get a second opinion....

My focus is entirely on my new hairline filling in.....

What's that Patricks shampoo got in it?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 9:25 PM, Lightmare said:

Any updates @WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt

On 2/25/2022 at 10:11 PM, Caradubaxu said:

Please share updates @WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt. Debating whether to go to Dr Cortez. How is the donor area?

Sorry for the super late reply. I have posted an update thread if you still care to see my progress.