Hello there ! I m 20 yo and i ve been using minox from january 2021 with dermarolling and some scalp massages ( which i guess helped me somehow)

Last week i tried to add 0.025 topical fin in my regimen and guys , it doesn t vibe with me . I have some ball ache and i can get hard but it s not like before , trust me. I m not against finasteride but for now i m stopping.

Now , the thing is how to approach this situation without finasteride. I m not balding so bad but i have family history of hair loss and i m aware of it. My hair hasn t changed in the last 2-3 years. I m not so bad yet i would say

What should i do step by step, being smart and doing transplants in the future at the right time ? I want advices from guys who are speaking from experience . Also, i m not planning to keep the hair all my life 

thank you!

922765E6-158D-4884-B4D7-7129918F4E48.jpeg

238BFA72-86C2-4DD5-BFAD-37DB547836EB.jpeg

BBF77BC4-F0D2-4067-B5F5-B1ABA020955B.png

DF507EC5-1EED-449D-88AB-C754937AB4E1.png

Edited by Catalinn

• Administrators

Have you tried finasteride and minoxidil? Medication should be your first step.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

So you tried topical finasteride for about 3 minutes & concluded it “doesn’t vibe with you” based on… not very much at all really. 

Give it a month. It sounds to me like you’re experiencing a placebo effect rather than any actual sides. Plus, give yourself time to adjust to it. You have to be more scientific in your approach to this. 

6 hours ago, Berba11 said:

So you tried topical finasteride for about 3 minutes & concluded it “doesn’t vibe with you” based on… not very much at all really. 

Give it a month. It sounds to me like you’re experiencing a placebo effect rather than any actual sides. Plus, give yourself time to adjust to it. You have to be more scientific in your approach to this. 

I will consider what you said . I know how important finasteride is to keep my hair and you re right , maybe my body is adjusting and it s normal

Maybe try it again. You can definitely tell if it's giving side effects quickly despite what many say. I got side effects with 48hrs of using it.

Just try to not think about it if you take it again

15 hours ago, Zoobz said:

Maybe try it again. You can definitely tell if it's giving side effects quickly despite what many say. I got side effects with 48hrs of using it.

Just try to not think about it if you take it again

That s what i m saying , bro. It was not in my head. Also weak orgasms like i never had before ( this couldn t be nocebo) 

Anyway, i m not on it anymore and i think i ll be waiting pyrilutamide . If not , that s not a very big deal for me , i ll go bald when it comes my time