Worried

Dr Lorenzo did a hood presentation on necrosis.  He had a oarient that had necrosis and the yield in the affected areas was lower.  However, he did a touch up and debridement and the patient got good results.  

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

4 hours ago, ciaus said:

Agree with others about naming the clinic and doctor. I googled 'thelasemi minor' and found this. I wonder how much of a risk factor this is for hair transplants. Especially in circumstances where an infection arises and you have reduced red blood cell functionality. Based on the definition it sounds like this could be a significant amplifier in terms of cell and tissue death. 

To any doctors reading this, like @DrTBarghouthi, how would someone having this condition factor into your decision on qualifying them as a good candidate for a hair transplant? And if you do take them on as a patient would you limit how many grafts you do at one time to limit the trauma? Not seeing anywhere how many this patient had done.

------

Thalassemia is an inherited (i.e., passed from parents to children through genes) blood disorder caused when the body doesn’t make enough of a protein called hemoglobin, an important part of red blood cells. When there isn’t enough hemoglobin, the body’s red blood cells don’t function properly and they last shorter periods of time, so there are fewer healthy red blood cells traveling in the bloodstream.

Red blood cells carry oxygen to all the cells of the body. Oxygen is a sort of food that cells use to function. When there are not enough healthy red blood cells, there is also not enough oxygen delivered to all the other cells of the body, which may cause a person to feel tired, weak or short of breath. 

Thalassemia minor is only a carrier for one of the genes and doesn’t mean he has thalassemia. Therefore, surgery is not a contra-indication in his case. Necrosis can potentially be due to making too many sites and /or to excessive use of adrenaline containing tumescent fluids leading to vasoconstriction of small blood vessels in these areas. Parts of the scalp are only supplied by end branches of vessels and can be more sensitive to excess trauma (too many sites) or to prolonged vaso constriction. Ironically, one of the documented areas for having a poorer supply is the region of the frontal tuft and this is ironic as it is usually an area where maximum density is needed. 

The latest photos are showing that it is on it’s way to healing by secondary intention. There will be some pitting and scarring and hair growth will be less in those areas or possibly non existent. However, this can be addressed with adding more at a later stage once the full result is out.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor

I have to agree that it would be helpful if you could name the surgeon who performed the hair transplant. We are all by replying to your situation trying to help you the best we can. I think it only fair that you share who the surgeon was as I'm sure you would not want this to happen to anyone else as you wish that it didn't happen to your husband. There is an ethos in this forum called 'paying it back.' All the best!

• Like 3