Can I stop taking Dutasteride after just 1 pill?

Hi. I started taking dutasteride and minoxidil yesterday to treat my MPB and I'm feeling my nipples really sensitive. From what I've read, breast tenderness is a possible sign that I'll develop Gynecomastia if you keep taking it. So can I stop taking dutasteride and continue with just minoxidil? Do I risk getting side effects or PFS? Again, I took only one pill, and had never taken finasteride or any other medicine for hair loss before.

Edited by Eric S
  • Haha 1

I asked the dermatologist who prescribed dusta to me about it and she refused to answer, saying that she just quit her job. No joke. She directed me to another derma in my town, but I can't just consult her as I'm not her patient yet.

All I can do now is book a turn with the other derma, but I'm worried about any averse effects of just quitting dusta now and waiting.

Edited by Eric S

Yeah, people report less sides on topical so could be worth using that first.

However, I really, really doubt 1 pill of dutasteride (and subsequently one day of changes to your Estrogen levels/E-T ratios) has induced the process of gyno at all, let alone to the point you are able physically feel its outcomes in your breast tissue.... it's far more likely that this is psychological in nature.

Also, you've had one pill. You can 'quit' right away if you want.....

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

Its not a good sign freaking out after 1 pill, sounds like you should be more worried about your mind tricking you into manufacturing side effects than your body actually having them from the drug.

Yes you can stop after 1 pill, but if you just take minoxidil you won't be addressing the primary underlying reason you are losing the hair, which is DHT. Minoxidil will just enhance your hairs while they're still visible. Keep them in the growth cycles longer and make them thicker, until the DHT eventually causes the hair follicles to no longer produce visible hair.

You should start with finasteride first and see if that's enough. Dutasteride is less studied and more powerful. If you are going to wander around online reading about stuff like PFS, don't just read the fear mongering side. Check out these vids below.

Edited by ciaus