Anyone switched from Fin to Dut in less than a year and saw immediate improvement?

Joseph

Firstly, I know that Fin can take up to 2 years to see final results. But don’t forget, in literally all of the clinical trials, more than 95% see stabilisation or improvements by the 6-12 month mark. Which makes sense because you need to stabilise first before seeing improvements. 

Has anyone switched from Fin to Dut just after 6-8 months on Fin 1mg daily after not seeing any stabilisation or maintenance? Did you see immediate stabilisation by Dut that Fin hasn’t managed to achieve after 8 months? We all know time is of essence and personally I feel that if hair loss has not even stabilised or slowed after 8 months, it is best to switch to a stronger drug. 

I'm a fin user myself for the past 15yrs + and counting,  never taken dut. But I do follow this guy on youtube, well known with a good rep for backing up his positions with data and studies. In his latest video below he goes over studies on dosages for dut, dut vs fin, etc. While its good to hear some personal stories here, I'd put more stock in studies like the ones referenced in the video.

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

I'm a fin user myself for the past 15yrs + and counting,  never taken dut. But I do follow this guy on youtube, well known with a good rep for backing up his positions with data and studies. In his latest video below he goes over studies on dosages for dut, dut vs fin, etc. While its good to hear some personal stories here, I'd put more stock in studies like the ones referenced in the video.

This guy is awesome

The only people I ever see get actual regrowth from Fin or Dut are really young (early 20's) and they hopped on meds VERY quickly after noticing hairloss (a few months or less). I only see these results on r/tressless on Reddit. Some people on that forum have really shocking growth. Also they do other methods as well. 

I would still say that people who actually experience hair regrowth from Fin or Dut are pretty rare. 

At best you can expect stabilization and prevention of further loss. 

6 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

The only people I ever see get actual regrowth from Fin or Dut are really young (early 20's) and they hopped on meds VERY quickly after noticing hairloss (a few months or less). I only see these results on r/tressless on Reddit. Some people on that forum have really shocking growth. Also they do other methods as well. 

I would still say that people who actually experience hair regrowth from Fin or Dut are pretty rare. 

At best you can expect stabilization and prevention of further loss. 

I’m 24 and started noticing increased hair loss and thinning about 1.5 years ago, already on Fin 1mg daily for 4 months but still losing ground. I still have a head of hair despite some areas of scalp becoming more visible due to thinning and quite disappointed that despite me starting early, I haven’t even achieved slowing down or stabilisation yet. Hence I was thinking of switching to Dut after 6-8 months if there is no slowing down or stabilisation even. Don’t wanna waste too much time on Fin 1mg if it doesn’t even stabilise my hair loss after 8 months of usage. 

Edited by Joseph

9 hours ago, ciaus said:

I have already seen the video actually. But I would like to hear some anecdotes as well because from clinical trials, most people see stabilisation on Fin just after 6-8 months. I’m barely a NW 2 with slight diffused thinning who hasn’t achieved any form of slowing down or stabilisation after more than 4 months on Fin 1mg daily. Which makes me want to hop on Dut if I still don’t see any stabilisation after 8 months of usage. 

Edited by Joseph

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Joseph said:

I’m 24 and started noticing increased hair loss and thinning about 1.5 years ago, already on Fin 1mg daily for 4 months but still losing ground. I still have a head of hair despite some areas of scalp becoming more visible due to thinning and quite disappointed that despite me starting early, I haven’t even achieved slowing down or stabilisation yet.

@JosephI wouldn't be too hard on yourself. It can take up to a year and longer to see the full benefits from finasteride. It's great that you are able to tolerate it and I'm sure given more time things will change for the better. All the best!