Toppik vs Nanogen question.

I have been using toppik for a few years now..

I like it however when locked in with a spray under direct sunlight it can have either a green or purplish color to it...

Lately I have noticed it causes a bit of a whitening effect after it is locked in.

I was wondering if any of you have thoughts of Nanogen v Toppik, which you think is better and why?

btw do any of you use any particular sprays to lock the fibers in that don;t cause any colors changes?

Thanks

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

interesting..

How does it looks under direct sunlight?

and what do you use to lock it in with?

thanks

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 3 weeks later...

Nanogen, in my opinion, is far superior to Toppik.

Toppik looks like it is covering the scalp, I have to use a lot to get any benefit and it causes me irritation, Nanogen seems to dissipate and looks really natural. Also, the nanogen product I have actually states it is "electrostatic charged particles" which assist in the illusion of thickness. Toppik appears to be a color mask, pure and simple.

I personally didn't find Toppik that bad, no green colour issues although I have heard from an increasing number of people that it is a problem?

However I use Nanogen in preference, it just looks that bit better, especially in bright light, although being form the UK I don't get too much bright sunlight to contend with! icon_biggrin.gif

I use Nanogen's locking spray, but very occassionally only if it's really windy or something outside. It doesn't change the colour of my hair or the fibres, and does work well, but it isn't cheap and I don't find it necessary unless there's a gale outside.