1410 grafts FUE - Dr.Keser

ConnorCrosby

Hello everyone,

Last week I had my first surgery and I'd like to share my experience with you all. I have this forum to thank for a lot and want to pay it forward.

Background:

I'm 33 years old and have taken my time researching different options. I've always had quite a big forehead and hairloss has been progressing at a very slow rate since I started finasteride 6-7 years ago. Really wanted to wait out possible side effects, not putting myself in a bad situation.

Choice:

Luckily my hairloss is quite mild, so I knew a first procedure would be focused on a small correction of the hairline. Which happens to be one of Dr.Keser's specialties. I've been watching basically all of his published cases and I've always liked what he achieves. From what I can see - natural results, usually with a smaller amount of grafts than average. He's not very well documented on this forum, but there are quite a few on other websites.

I am also fond of his approach. He's involved in every single stage of the surgery himself, no technicians are even present at the clinic. Only his two nurses who assist him. They were absolutely delightful to me although there were some language barriers. He extracts no more than 700 grafts per day and has 1-2 patients per week. I've also never seen any kind of marketing coming out of Dr.Keser and his clinic. To me all this adds up to something that can be categorised as professionalism. He genuinely seems more interested in his patient's end results rather than making good money of of people.

Experience:

Based on the pictures I sent before the surgery the Dr estimated around 1500-2000 grafts. On arrival and after a closer look he found my hair situation being in better shape in person than in the pictures. I ended up having 1410 grafts spread over 3 days:
Day 1 - 500 grafts.
Day 2 - 500 grafts.
Day 3 - 410 grafts.

The Dr and staff all had very good patience with me and make me feel at ease. At the end of day 3 when implanting the last grafts, the Dr had me sit up and walked around the bed board, so that he could watch the hairline from a different angle. Then I was told to lie back down and the Dr walked back to his original position to fine-tune with another few grafts. This was repeated about 4-5 times and they even extracted a few more grafts. This actually made me feel quite reassured and like I was in good hands. I believe Dr.Keser is a perfectionist and an artist. The future end result will be the judge of that and I cross my fingers for everything to turn out fine and dandy.

A lot of people out there had a shitty 2020, but in terms of work and relationships 2021 has been really rough for me. I'm working hard everyday to get back on my feet and that fight is completely separated from my hair situation. Having a good result from this surgery would be a total bonus though! So here's for hoping that a small amount of grafts go a long way.

Hope everyone is well out there! Cheers!

Pre-Op:

Hairline_Pre_Shaved_1.thumb.png.abeaf7b64c41553e87a5ba24f915721f.png

Hairline_Pre_Shaved_2.png.bc3ec65e0422c98079b9b688dc64cfc5.png

Hairline_Pre_Shaved_3.thumb.png.5a20ee9e834a582b446a9b88d88e3978.png

Hairline_Pre_Shaved_4.thumb.png.9d2e71851f9c738c4f5f221b05398a70.png

Hairline_Pre_Shaved_5.thumb.png.bb83f7870f3dbff4e60341e2ce18c4e5.png

Donor.thumb.png.45ee0262e46fa639349cbdf7862fa2a6.png

Shaved:

Hairline_Shaved_3.thumb.png.6f6682ce2a8714edca9af9fcb37ec80f.png

Hairline_Shaved_2.thumb.png.6722ad11776a5ae6b13534145d0d48b4.png

Hairline_Shaved_1.thumb.png.e40a57aa89d97332ca185a58f5f1b12c.png

After surgery:

Hairline_4.thumb.png.ba766db000ff3b92e41d1ee239e78cbe.png

Hairline_3.thumb.png.925b0addcaf49fc7b987ac70401361d6.png

Hairline_2.png.0e7a492285a8724f7f3c0190ebdd2c2e.png

Hairline_1.png.73b1fd63c6ffa93ef1ea3969a89f9efa.png

5 hours ago, JC71 said:

Such meticulous work ! Love his hairlines In particular 👍🏽 All good 😊 

I share your opinion! So far so good :)

I was adviced not to do any kind of exercising upp until a month after the transplant. Most hits on google says that after 14 days I can go on with any kind of training except contact sports. Anyone willing to chime in on the subject?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnorCrosby said:

I share your opinion! So far so good :)

I was adviced not to do any kind of exercising upp until a month after the transplant. Most hits on google says that after 14 days I can go on with any kind of training except contact sports. Anyone willing to chime in on the subject?

Yup after 14 days most exercise is ok, worth asking Dr Keser though as most clinics have their own advice/view. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 7:34 PM, JC71 said:

Yup after 14 days most exercise is ok, worth asking Dr Keser though as most clinics have their own advice/view. 

Clinic was very determined with their instructions - wait at least 3 weeks.

Let's put it this way: I'm much more looking forward to getting back to training than the ugly duckling christmas.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:20 AM, Cleverly designed said:

I'm so happy for you, I want to book with him but covid messed things for me... Looking forward to seeing your results 😉

Thanks Clev! 

Next update is here. Celebrating 3 weeks today and I'm shedding all over the place. According to plan!

Donor pic is a bit blurry, but it there might be some shockloss in that area.

Hairline.png

Donor.png

Question:
The clinic claims that a cap should not be worn full days until a year after surgery. There is a significant difference between the clinic's advice and the reflections I find on the internet.

Don't get me wrong - I'm aware that one should always follow the Dr's instructions. But a full year just can't be right?

On 11/26/2021 at 10:54 AM, ConnorCrosby said:

Clinic was very determined with their instructions - wait at least 3 weeks.

Let's put it this way: I'm much more looking forward to getting back to training than the ugly duckling christmas.

Haha yeah, ugly ducking x-mas is for me too!

Best time to do HT would be January

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ConnorCrosby said:

Question:
The clinic claims that a cap should not be worn full days until a year after surgery. There is a significant difference between the clinic's advice and the reflections I find on the internet.

Don't get me wrong - I'm aware that one should always follow the Dr's instructions. But a full year just can't be right?

Oof, that seems a bit much 😅

On 12/8/2021 at 9:40 AM, JC71 said:

Yer that advice seems pretty excessive, like about 11 months 😯

22 hours ago, Cleverly designed said:

Oof, that seems a bit much 😅

Yeah, I'm not crazy right?

23 hours ago, Spaceguy said:

Haha yeah, ugly ducking x-mas is for me too!

Best time to do HT would be January

The NW0s will never know the struggle!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cleverly designed said:

Quick question, how much did it cost for the HT? Did you need to have cash on you or do accept credit cards/visa? @ConnorCrosby

For sure! The cost is 3.5 euro/graft. The clinic accept cash only which is a bit of a hassle.

To a lousy exchange rate I converted my money into euro and since I got fewer grafts operated I've ended up with 2200 euro in my wallet. My bank does not handle cash at all, so my only option now is to convert the euros back to the same lousy exchange rate and basically shop groceries for the cash for a few months.

In the end I think that it's gonna cost me around 700 euro, only for the fact that the clinic doesn't have any modern payment solutions.