Dr. Carman, Mohebi, Behnam.

Hello!

I’m concerned that either the reviews for Behnam are false, or that this forum simply promotes other doctors based on their “subscription” to the network, as I’ve read. Dr. Behnam has 370+ Yelp reviews for a 5 star rating as well as 170+ Google reviews for 5 stars, while Dr. Carman and Mohebi have far less reviews with a lower rating. However, none of them have a very good social media presence, but LA FUE Hair Clinic has a great YT channel that shows the whole process, although it’s carried out by the technician. I’m curious as to all of your thoughts on this? Also, I’m open to traveling anywhere in the US. I’m currently east coast.

The reviews for Benham are false, and none of those type of reviews can be relied upon. The reviews that matter are full 12 month journeys on a forum such as this. Nobody promotes Drs based on the recommendation status, we do it because they have proven themselves. Infact we mention many clinics/Drs that are not on the recommended list. Even the mod @Melvin- Moderatorwill do the same. As for LA hair clinic ? Never consider any “clinic” which is a tech driven procedure. What you want is a Dr doing the most important step at least. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paying the fee does not guarantee recommendation. It does not work like that. Clinics have to prove they are worthy of being recommended before even being considered. And then it’s up to the forum members to decide. And even they will get removed for various reasons ! I have been here for over a decade and have seen many removed and also added. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

The cost of supporting this website, promoting the surgeon on our hair transplant network website, and my time is not free. Our recommended surgeons agree to pay a monthly sponsorship fee to help support the costs involved with running this community. We do not hide this information and in fact we are very open and transparent in our recommendation process see below:

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.32.13 AM.png

We are the ONLY community that approves surgeons as a collective whole. It is not one person approving any surgeon, we use the collective wisdom of our entire community to review the physicians credentials, experience and results. All of our recommendations have gone through a rigorous vetting process, and have been approved by the forum, not one person. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Paying the fee does not guarantee recommendation. It does not work like that. Clinics have to prove they are worthy of being recommended before even being considered. And then it’s up to the forum members to decide. And even they will get removed for various reasons ! I have been here for over a decade and have seen many removed and also added. 

Exactly, payment does not guarantee approval. If that were the case we would be recommending thousands of surgeons, believe me we are approached by many, but only seriously consider a select few, and even so, they still need to go through the approval process, which takes in to account the input from everyone on the forum.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, Coverdale said:

Hello!

I’m concerned that either the reviews for Behnam are false, or that this forum simply promotes other doctors based on their “subscription” to the network, as I’ve read. Dr. Behnam has 370+ Yelp reviews for a 5 star rating as well as 170+ Google reviews for 5 stars, while Dr. Carman and Mohebi have far less reviews with a lower rating. However, none of them have a very good social media presence, but LA FUE Hair Clinic has a great YT channel that shows the whole process, although it’s carried out by the technician. I’m curious as to all of your thoughts on this? Also, I’m open to traveling anywhere in the US. I’m currently east coast.

I will tell you I am not a patient of Dr. Behnam but had a consultation with him. I would not recommend him for a few reasons and one of them is he does not lower hairlines, he just fills in. The second is he had openings a week after phone consultation. It's great to have availability, but understand that its not always the best thing in regards to how many patients trust that doctor. Lastly if any doctor that offers discounts that doctor should not be trusted. Are you telling me that your work is not worth full price? Go with who you want but Yelp is such a poor indicator of a good doctor. 

Edited by rambunctious
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1