What to ask doctor at personal consultations?

So, as topic title's says, what woud you suggest to ask doctor at personal consultations, as whatsapp-mail communication mostly isn't direct communication by doctor, but in many cases it's free will of those guys called "consultants-coordinators" etc. ,  sure i respect their work, opinions, but at the end they are not medical staff, but more administration and organization of planned HT, in this case when visit few doctors for personal consultation we have more chance to get right informations and to ask all we concern, maybe questions like,

1. State of donor area, what amount will be used, what will leave after HT?

2. Does doctor use microscope for analyze and binocular glasses at performing surgery?

3. Using some medications like finasteride, minoxidil etc. pre-op and post-op?

4. Punch size?

5. Which parts of surgery will be done personally by doctor?

6. Is ok 2nd or 3rd day walk out after HT?

7. What's doctor experience in HT, where did he teach HT surgery?

8. How long work actual technicians-nurses with doctor?

9. What if HT results not as expected, what's plan by by doctor?

10. Will get printed invoice + stamp of clinic, as some proof and warranty, if later some problems appear, that we have legal document that performed there HT, as many clinics in Turkey specially ask for payment by cash, as when you pay in cash, you have no real proof that you paid about it, like when you pay by IBAN-BIC e-banking to IBAN-BIC of clinic?

You can't find all these questions-answers in the standard clinics' pdf brochures, so I think it's good to ask them directly to doctors, as coordinators can't answer them, and these qs usual cant be answered by whatsapp-email, than by personal consultations, as i plan visit few top recommended clinics in TR and get personal consultations before HT. Think this info can be useful for all members who plan do same, to have some ideas what is useful to ask doctors at personal consultations ;) . Same as @Melvin- Moderator collected group of questions by HRN members and asked those questions doctors by video-interviews.

These Qs thought maybe are good to ask, if you have some more ideas what to ask, please post, as we pay big amount of money, and think we have right and it's ok ask all those Qs, i say about top recommended doctors-cinics, as plan such doctors-clinics to visit, not hairmills, as with hairmills is lottery about such things, and will be not much answers, same as they leave patients without any support after surgery by repeating known sentence "you have to wait 12 months, and then doctor will reply".

Edited by blackislback
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Ask the clinic what they would do if you’re unhappy with the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is an excellent question from @Melvin- Moderator. What is their follow up policy if in the event that you are unhappy with the results? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Tnx for good idea, this will be good to add on list of questions for doctors at personal consultation, to have some list, as not all members experienced, and not all know what's important to ask, i made some list, but sure these suggestion as you, will give all members who plan get personal consultation before decision of HT, to ask such things ;) .

I mean, not all answers at FAQ on websites of clinics, or in PDF brochures, etc. , and this way we'll have important resource, to easier talk with doctors at personal consultations ;) .

Some sure will say, 2nd ht, some refund, etc. :) , but however it's good to ask this questions you adviced ;)  👍

31 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

This is an excellent question from @Melvin- Moderator. What is their follow up policy if in the event that you are unhappy with the results? 

Absolutely agree, if got some more ideas what to ask, will post in this thread :) .  Yes, definetely good to ask doctor, and seems i already added it in OP, like 9th question :) .

One more Q got as an idea to ask, is ok to use cap after surgery or not, i mean few hours 1-2-3h, not whole time, sometimes  when we need go out, as some clinics give to patiens some caps, and some doctor not recommend it.