FUT transplant Day 2 - long flight home, forgot to hydrate my scalp for 24 hours...Damage?

Hey Folks,

Finally took the plunge and had an FUT done, 4500 grafts.

Am in my early 50s.

On Day 4 now. So the scalp is a bit of a sight due to scabbing and the blue dye but doesn't look out of the ordinary and is not infected. A nice job done by a reputable surgeon.

However I took a long flight home on Day 2 and fell asleep for 11 hours when I got home. I hadn't hydrated my hair with saline or hair wash until the next morning (Day 3).

What damage might I have done to the grafts in those 24 hours? Am really worried reading some other posts that the follicles need hydration those first two / three days...

Thanks,

DoH

11 minutes ago, DaveOHiggins said:

Hey Folks,

Finally took the plunge and had an FUT done, 4500 grafts.

Am in my early 50s.

On Day 4 now. So the scalp is a bit of a sight due to scabbing and the blue dye but doesn't look out of the ordinary and is not infected. A nice job done by a reputable surgeon.

However I took a long flight home on Day 2 and fell asleep for 11 hours when I got home. I hadn't hydrated my hair with saline or hair wash until the next morning (Day 3).

What damage might I have done to the grafts in those 24 hours? Am really worried reading some other posts that the follicles need hydration those first two / three days...

Thanks,

DoH

You dont need to worry, some Drs dont even recommend saline spray, its not neccesary but can help to keep the scabs soft and moist. 

Just relax and enjoy your new hair in a few months. 🙂

• Like 1

• Administrators

I didn't use any spray for my second and third procedures and my hair grew just fine, coincidentally, my first HT which was a failure I used the saline spray. Bottomline is that its not that serious.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

saline ? that is wrong lol who would prescribe that ? i used thermal water spray and on my 5 hour long flight back i didn't do it ....airport tsa made me throw out the bottle lol

Saline is one of the most common things to get in a spray bottle after a hair transplant, you should spray it for the first 4-5 days and the scabs will come off easier at day 10. Its not neccesary but it helps to not get the scabs dry.