atlantis hair transplant

stillhere

hi, just wondering if anyone has heard of the Atlantis hair restoration in florida. i looked at their site and found it very good. I'm 20 with a soon to be nw6 or even 7, the baldness and thinning is shaping it out. really want a transplant since products such as rogaine and nioxin and revivogen did not work for me.

hi, just wondering if anyone has heard of the Atlantis hair restoration in florida. i looked at their site and found it very good. I'm 20 with a soon to be nw6 or even 7, the baldness and thinning is shaping it out. really want a transplant since products such as rogaine and nioxin and revivogen did not work for me.

You are way to young to get a HT. Any doctor who would work on you at your age is unethical.

If you think you look bad now, wait until you're 30 with a HT you got at 20.

You need to wait at least until you're 27 for an HT. You need a chance for your balding to stabilize.

Don't do it! Shave your head! Wait until you are in your late twenties!

If you get a HT at your age with your current level of hairloss, chances are, by the time you are 25, you'll be hanging out in the men's wig forum for the rest of your life, wishing you didn't do it.

[This message was edited by MeHairBeGrowin on January 11, 2004 at 07:24 PM.]

Don't Do It at your age!

And, don't pick some place cause it looks good to you. Research on this forum and choose one of the 4-6 great docs in the whole country who are good.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

Stillhere, have you done a lot of research on this forum? Have you read lots of the older posts? If not, be sure to do that. You will then get a feel for who the recommended HT doctors are. Then schedule a consultation with one or two of them. The good doctors will not steer you wrong. If you have lost most of your hair, then you are probably a candidate.

I had a friend (many years ago) who lost all of his hair at age 19. He used to part it down the middle. His part started to widen and widen and within about a year, he was bald. If this was to happen to someone I know now, I would recommend getting a procedure.

People here will tell you to use propecia. That only works on the crown. If you have already lost your hairline, the only way to get it back is with a totally FU procedure. Don't go to a chain store doctor. They don't do all FU procedures and charge way more than independent doctors.

Also, if you could post a top view picture of your head, you will get more specific advice.

I just looked at the web site for Atlantis. The first thing you see is "$3 per graft for any size graft". Can somebody say REDFLAG!

They then go on to describe the 3 types of grafts that they do - micro's, mini's, and maxi's. There is a drawing of the 3 types. I almost started to laugh but it is also kind of sad. You have to see this for yourself - web page

Stillhere, do not go to this place. You are young and as you can see, most people are going to tell you not to get a transplant. But if you are determined to get one, don't let cheap graft prices lure you.

I just read that page about the 3 types of grafts at Atlantis 2000 International. Hard to believe, but these guys sound worse then Bosley and MHR.

Next thing they will probably offer is a "Jumbo Graft." That's where they use a sharpened cookie cutter to cut out the graft from the back of your head and then staple it in the top of your scalp with surgical staples.

Run "Stillhere" run! Don't stop and look back!!