Is this this normal?

Rosier48

Sorry man but this doesn’t look like they even extracted and implanted 1500 grafts. In a way it’s good as they have not wasted your precious donor area. Stay positive and just think you have not been over harvested and your not going to have a terrible result, it’s  just too few grafts to make any difference whatsoever. And they didn’t alter your hairline. 

1 hour ago, Rosier48 said:

Here is the uodate

D1B445B3-D5CA-47EC-9402-F149D392E07E.jpeg

47405ED9-8207-4B41-98ED-5EC68D4EAAB9.jpeg

D8C661EB-6E66-4612-AB85-3EE631B114F4.jpeg

6A7CA353-E87F-4881-88B6-1741F058A6B6.jpeg

No idea why they did not shave your head when you had short hair like that. The work looks not very good, as John says it will not do anything to make your hair denser, you need 5000-6000 grafts and I am not even sure you got the 1500 you paid for, which is quite common with these joke clinics.

You can see my case, this is how decent density packing looks like, this is about 45 grafts per cm2, great density is about 65 grafts per cm2 and up

IMG_20210909_195707.jpg

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

For the OP - While this isn't in any way an ideal outcome for you, I want to reiterate what others are saying in that in a way, it's a very good thing that they only extracted at most 1,500 grafts... So in the grand scheme of things, this should be a relatively easy fix and your donor hasn't been completely depleted. Keep your chin up, and use this forum now as an opportunity to research some really fantastic, ethical surgeons who can work with you to give you the kind of results you're looking for. 

It really is so unfortunate that these chains are still able to stay in business, and I really hope this turns out to be a dodged a bullet here for you. 

• Like 3

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Oh. And use the list of recommended surgeons on here for a good starting point. It'll really come in handy, and you'll start to familiarize yourself with what a proper hair transplant procedure should look like and entail. 

Edited by pkipling
  • Like 2

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

As other's have said the work doesn't look so great, but please try your best not to worry. You can at least wait and see what outcome you get, and then you can get advice here about what to do next if that's needed. Don't feel like you won't have options in the future to get a good outcome, even if it takes some time.

I think the results will be OK, but a top up will be needed if you are looking for a dense look.   

You will definitely see an improvement over how it is now and not quite as bad as others are making out.  

All in all, just ride it out, decided how it looks in 6 to 12 months and make a decision from there on how you want yo proceed.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Yes, how’s it looking now?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.