hair fibers & hair fall

H.K

i know it shouldn't cause hair loss , and that's seem to be the case with everybody .. but each time i use it i end up having bald spots  .

so do you wash it in the same day of the application ? 

It’a because your hair is thinning n it falls out easier.. try taking one hair n try to pull it out , if it comes out easy then yeah any extra stress you put on your hair will increase friction n causes the hair follicle to pull out easier .  .. so of course if u put products in your hair … it be more susceptible to falling out . 

I stopped putting gel n hairspray etc on my hair .. n just leave it all natural .. only for special occasions I would put products on my hair .. cuz it’s fragile now .. it’s not thick and strong as it used to be .. it’s common sense . 
but the product itself won’t directly increase your dht level to cause extra hairloss , if that’s what u thinking . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

It’a because your hair is thinning n it falls out easier.. try taking one hair n try to pull it out , if it comes out easy then yeah any extra stress you put on your hair will increase friction n causes the hair follicle to pull out easier .  .. so of course if u put products in your hair … it be more susceptible to falling out . 

I stopped putting gel n hairspray etc on my hair .. n just leave it all natural .. only for special occasions I would put products on my hair .. cuz it’s fragile now .. it’s not thick and strong as it used to be .. it’s common sense . 
but the product itself won’t directly increase your dht level to cause extra hairloss , if that’s what u thinking . 

yes product won't increase DHT ofcourse .. Gel and hair products can make hair heavier so it can fall out easier , but i didn't expect hair fibers to cause any issues as it's really light , and with current hair fibers i use i don't feel any itching or somethin. like the previous one ..  

i know hair strand itself is dead cells and it get its nutrient from blood vessels in scalp , but i believe hair follicles can be affected if some product like hair fibers prevent  hair pores from breathing .. 

I don't like keeping hair fibers for too long , but also don't want to wash my hair so often .. in all cases i uses fibers on occasions only .

• Like 1

I used to use a lot of hairspray and other hairproducts,, n every time I massage it in .. hairs always get stuck to my hand . Keep doing that everyday n before u know it ur hair volume is a lot less. Those miniaturized hairs fall out easy n don’t grow as fast .. so I rather not put anything anymore ,, costed me 20,000$ to get my HT. Can’t afford another $20k later . So bye bye hair products for me .. 

well your hair  look great at the moment , you just have to maintain it ..

i use hair mousse when necessary as it's the lightest product  or sea salt spray , and when my hair is really dry after a shower or so i use very small amount of weightless oil like OGX kuku oil , others . 

i had to use fibers though on occasion as i have pretty obviuos bald spots but i guess i will stop using it if my 1st HT gives an acceptable density .

To be honest, I disagree. 

The only way you're going to experience a noticeable loss in hair volume/density in certain areas (due to MPB) is from continual 'damage' to the Dermal Papillae of the hair follicle over time as a result of gene expression which is facilitated by androgen exposure. 

Obviously, repeatedly pulling on your hair and ripping it out all the time accidentally can also produce similar damage effects on the hair follicle as MPB (think traction alopecia), so yes, doing this might result in a lesser volume. But using products such as hair spray, wax, gel or fibres isn't going to have any effect. Just wash your hair before you start applying traction on it through brushing etc, and then whatever falls when you do brush after this will be the exact same as whatever would have fallen out if you put nothing in it that day and brushed...

If you brush your hair whilst its rigid and coated in hairspray all the time, then yeah, you might potentially cause some damage by forcefully ripping hair out the follicle, but obviously this would hurt and be common sense not to do in the first place. I don't think there's any need to not use products. 

To suggest otherwise (that even just using products such as hairspray or fibres and then washing out before brushing etc to ensure you don't 'rip' your hairs out still increases hair loss) is basically inferring that having these products on your hair or scalp leads to miniaturisation, which is not true. 

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

well i don't mean in anyway that any product will cause miniaturization , that's mainly genetic .

many of my friends who uses gel even if they don't have MPB , have lower density over time "possible due traction like you said" 

my only suspect is that  blocking hair pores at scalp surface  via any product may affect follicle health .. 

i have to mention a theory though although i'm not sure its true  ,  DHT is cause by gene expression mainly yes , but some think that increased inflammation because of any reason in scalp can increase hormone signaling .

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987717310411

anyway , i believe that no one faced such issue with hair fibers , maybe it's just a coincidence as my hair loss is slowly progressing anyway .. 

Thanks all for your thought ..