How long it takes for head to feel normal?

I got FUT surgery and 2000 implants in mid-July. I still have heaviness all over the head and not just the front of the head where I got transplants (none on the crown). It still feels weird and quite heavy when I lie down especially.

Also the texture of all my hair is quite bad - not sure if related to the surgery or generally due to diet or aging but no longer smooth, silky. My surgeon's office hasn't been very responsive or helpful in telling me what to expect. I have been disappointed with him anyways - I had pair for 3500 grafts and they only did 2000 approx and refunded the money. I would have preferred to get more grafts on the front of the head when I went thru so much difficulty and pain. I had no idea that he would reduce the grafts when I already paid for it.

not sure but 7 months is long time for it not to feel back to normal, i'm 16 day post fue and i still feel the recipient area much different than the rest of my head. hoping by 7 months its completely back to normal...does not hurt or anything but just a weird/annoying feeling i guess.

• Valued Contributor

That sounds like a very long time with FUE today. Having said that the back of my scalp was numb for six months but I put that down to complete inexperience from a butcher back in the day. I would push harder on getting a reply from the surgeon who performed the procedure. This is why communication is extremely important not just prior to surgery but even more so after the surgery. All the best!

• Like 1

I think I had slight numbness for 2-3 month or even more at recipient but not like heavy feeling, nothing terrible. The donor felt normal in a month except for some pimples and itching which lasted much longer.  I had to apply ointment for it at recipient.

The hair quality should improve in the transplanted region. As for overall hair quality, of course with age it goes downhill. Good diet and healthy lifestyle surely helps in improving skin/hair quality. Good luck with your growth and recovery

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

not sure but 7 months is long time for it not to feel back to normal

The post said he had it done in mid July. It's now September 24, so that's only 2 months. It's not unusual for some numbness and dull pain to persist at 2 months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.