Eugenix New Delhi, Dr. Arika Bansal, 3000 grafts

Rick__

I already posted in the surgeon reviews forum before seeing this forum but I think it better fits here actually.

Mods, please feel free to reassign/merge the posts and sorry about the confusion!

I just completed my second FUE, 1700 grafts with Dr Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi at Eugenix in New Delhi. My first procedure was in December 2017 (FUE, 3000 grafts) and the results were so spectacular that I’ll just let the before-after photos do the talking:

As you can see, my hair looked pretty sparse and sad before the procedure. During the following year I experienced what can only be described as a hair explosion on my head. It was amazing. I had never had such full hair. And completely without finasteride or Minox. It was magical.

Back then I decided on Eugenix because the price-performance ratio simply couldn't be beat - 3000 grafts, 3 day hotel stay, transport to and from the airport, hotel, medication for the equivalent of around 1 euro per graft. Every patient is also assigned a consultant from the clinic who answers all questions via WhatsApp 24 hours a day and is responsible for preparation and follow-up. Dr. Bansal and Dr. Sethi have already helped over 9000 patients and have successfully performed mega procedures of up to 7000 grafts. They have developed their own version of FUE in which the extracted grafts are immediately re-implanted in order to minimize the time spent outside the body.

Due to the success of the clinic, prices have unfortunately risen a bit, but the result of my first FUE was so unbelievably good that I knew pretty soon after: I had to go back.

before0.JPG

before1.JPG

after0.JPG

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

The basic package. The doctors are still designing the hairline and making the incisions in the recipient area before the technicians take over for extraction and implantation.

Making the incisions requires a lot of precision so it really comes down to the doctor's individual skill and experience. It is a balancing act between trying to maximize density while at the same time maintaining minimum distance to existing hair so as to not risk damaging it (> 2.5mm). 

From what I understand extraction and implantation tend to me more mechanical, so I was comfortable entrusting their senior staff with that task. 

Wow! Are the final results the most recent pictures you posted? Also, with such great results, what made you go for the second procedure? Added density all around, or maybe crown filling? Either way, this result is a true testament to the fact that Eugenix has been producing world class results for far longer than the past couple of years. 

Could you please share what led you to the decision of not using either Minoxidil or Finasteride? My greatest fear for you is all that time, effort, and money spent on this amazing transformation could slowly start to fade away as you age. 

6 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Wow! Are the final results the most recent pictures you posted? Also, with such great results, what made you go for the second procedure? Added density all around, or maybe crown filling? Either way, this result is a true testament to the fact that Eugenix has been producing world class results for far longer than the past couple of years. 

Could you please share what led you to the decision of not using either Minoxidil or Finasteride? My greatest fear for you is all that time, effort, and money spent on this amazing transformation could slowly start to fade away as you age. 

You're spot on, I discontinued oral finasteride after 2 years of taking it due to side effects and the hair starting falling like crazy. The density went down and bald spots started surfacing which is why I decided to go back. I'm not sure how to continue from here on out because obviously I want to preserve my hair but I don't want to deal with the side effects of fin. Perhaps topical fin is the way to go..

• Like 2

@Rick__ I would absolutely consider micro dosing on finasteride along with topical finasteride. A close friend of mine had side effect on 1 mg of oral Fin, cut the pill into quarters taking .25mg daily, also using topical Fin and has had zero side effects and zero hair loss for over 2 years. The efficacy of topical is not quite as high as oral, so micro dosing with the oral along with topical would ensure that you've covered all bases in blocking Alpha5 reductase. 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, MazAB said:

@Rick__ I would absolutely consider micro dosing on finasteride along with topical finasteride. A close friend of mine had side effect on 1 mg of oral Fin, cut the pill into quarters taking .25mg daily, also using topical Fin and has had zero side effects and zero hair loss for over 2 years. The efficacy of topical is not quite as high as oral, so micro dosing with the oral along with topical would ensure that you've covered all bases in blocking Alpha5 reductase. 

Very interesting, I think I'll go ahead and try that

@Rick__ Did you get a medical visa for your second trip to Eugenix ?

I have my second consult with Eugenix tomorrow, and I'm already thinking ahead on how I'm going to organize this all. Also, I saw a Youtube vid where someone said it's best to get rs funds while at the Inia airport rather than exchanging funds at your home country of origin (U.S.A. for me) due to the exchange fees, Is this what you did ?

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

@Rick__ Did you get a medical visa for your second trip to Eugenix ?

I have my second consult with Eugenix tomorrow, and I'm already thinking ahead on how I'm going to organize this all. Also, I saw a Youtube vid where someone said it's best to get rs funds while at the Inia airport rather than exchanging funds at your home country of origin (U.S.A. for me) due to the exchange fees, Is this what you did ?

At the moment that is the only avenue to enter india unless you hold an Indian passport. Getting an e-visa takes about 72 hours after you pay the $80 fee. And don't worry about getting local currency. Unless you're planning to do some extra activities on your own you really don't need any cash at all. Eugenix gives you a full ride. I never took out any cash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick__ said:

At the moment that is the only avenue to enter india unless you hold an Indian passport. Getting an e-visa takes about 72 hours after you pay the $80 fee. And don't worry about getting local currency. Unless you're planning to do some extra activities on your own you really don't need any cash at all. Eugenix gives you a full ride. I never took out any cash.

Awesome !! Thank you for the info. 

So, I'm guessing you paid for your entire HT up front or did you just give the required down payment and use a CC or debit card to pay the balance ?  

8 hours ago, Rick__ said:

Yes, I wired the money up front. Because I knew these guys from my first procedure I knew them to be trustworthy and honest people.

Good to hear, Thank you! BTW your hair looks great!! 

Edited by Ronnie

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Rick__ said:

Great information to know 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:53 PM, Rick__ said:

Got my surgery date with Eugenix set up and my Medical visa was just approved, the process was easier than I thought. Next step is just booking the flight..  😀

@Melvin- Moderator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Got my surgery date with Eugenix set up and my Medical visa was just approved, the process was easier than I thought. Next step is just booking the flight..  😀

@Melvin- Moderator

That’s awesome bro hopefully you’ll detail your journey here

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.