before and after pics

harry101

Harry, I agree w/ Spex. I'm not sure that this would appear successful for 1500 grafts, let alone 3k.

Has your growth always been so minimal? I would 100% contact and be open with your doc, and try to get this sorted.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Sorry Harry, I have to concur with Spex and Thana, those are not good results. 3k grafts should have at the very least given you a defined hairline with some density behind it. Sometimes poor growth is due to poor patient physiology, but I think that's rare. Most of the time it's poor surgeon practice. Perhaps if you could provide more details of your surgery plus immediate post-op pics we can help you determine what happened here.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

well, my doctor was Dr. Mark Boles of NuHart clinic. I am sorry i didn't take immediate post-op pics, I didn't realize these will become so important in future.

I was told by the consultant there that 3000 grafts were too less to cover considering the amount of baldness I had in my forehead.

Hey Harry101,

I agree with the others, I'd expect more growth from 3000 grafts. Do you have any further details such as the size of the receipt area and the amount of grafts placed per cm2? The second can be estimated if you know the total receipt site size, but it would be good to know what the doctor claims to have placed and where.

P.S. Would it be possible to take some higher quality photos at the same distance and angle of the pre-op photos.

Bleh, I'm sorry man....was this the NuHart around the Chicago area?

I'm going to give you my blunt and honest opinion, because I think it's best to move forward clearly and with reality in play:

NuHart is a notorious clinic for producing poor results, if not outright butchering people, and it seems that on you their ways have not changed. They either did not actually give you 3000 grafts, or virtually none of the 3000 grafts they were supposed to be giving you grew; or some combination of the two situations.

I would talk to the clinic and demand a refund (ask for full, because you had virtually no cosmetically appreciable growth), but accept pretty much whatever you can negotiate, IMO. No matter what, I would *not* go back to them for *any* future surgeries or services.

If you are still inclined to restore your hair, I would consult with some world-class physicians and clinics and see what your options are. It doesn't seem like your result is terribly "unnatural", though that aspect is tough to determine from the pics. But, this, as well as actually giving you new, natural hair, can be corrected.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Maxxy,

Pre-op photos probably give some pointer to the size of receiver area. He placed more grafts on the front and the number of grafts decreased as we go backwards, hardly anything on the crown. Yes, I will take some high quality photos and post them soon and that will give us some honest idea.

Than,

this was Nuhart from Philadelphia/pittsburgh area, my surgery was done in Pittsburgh. I do want to correct it and go for a second surgery. I do feel that a better job could have been done. I will be careful this time. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hey Harry101,

If you contact the clinic they should have no problem giving you the following information:

What your average donor densisty was.

The exact size of the strip removed.

The exact number of grafts harvested.

The exact number of 1,2,3 and 4 hair grafts.

The exact size of the receipt and a good idea of the number of grafts place in each zone.

All of the above is important data which you should try to obtain from the clinic.

It is my pleasure Atomic! I realise that we are definitely helping each other by discussing our experiences and results with different surgeons. This is especially necessary because this field is full of good and bad doctors!!