Short haircuts after an HT

Mat16

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone after HT decided to cut his hair short for example at 1cm. How could this cut look after and HT since the natural density is gone. All we see here are haircuts with longer hair and styled. So I was wondering if it is an possibility to have shorter hair.

6 hours ago, Mat16 said:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone after HT decided to cut his hair short for example at 1cm. How could this cut look after and HT since the natural density is gone. All we see here are haircuts with longer hair and styled. So I was wondering if it is an possibility to have shorter hair.

That will depend. FUE or FUT? If FUE, which is what I gather, I would wait until you wash all the crusts off and the clinic gives you the OK to return to normalcy.  After that you can do whatever you wish.  If you have black hair and light scalp, it is likely you will look thin due to the contrast.  As the hair grows, you should look very much like you do now.  It will be a good year before all grafts mature.  By definition, you should look fuller at that time.

Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

11 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

BUMP.....i also have this question...i left my hair long on top and i should have just buzzed it all around.....i think i am going to buzz the top carefully at day 14-15 so it can even out....is that ok ?

I think OP is asking a different question about having a buzz cut as a hair style in general in life once you've had a HT, might wanna start your own thread, but ask your doc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mat16 said:

Hello,

The answer is: it depends. On how bald you were before (how many grafts you had), the density placed, the pattern, angulation and design (if you have an oddly shaped hairline for example then it won't look natural very short), how thick your hair is etc. 

Generally though, you can do it, but if you've had lots of hair transplanted then you're going to have lots of hair that isn't very dense on your head and it will be quite obvious probably at a number 3 guard. Go and look at rolandas videos on YouTube as he just shaved his head for his second transplant a few months ago and you can watch his frontal third grow back in over the months on his videos and see how dense purely transplanted hair with no native looks on the scalp (in his case anyway, as an example).

I think a number 3 might be a bit too short if you were very bald before, but for some it will look just fine if grafts were packed tightly. 

22 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

That will depend. FUE or FUT? If FUE, which is what I gather, I would wait until you wash all the crusts off and the clinic gives you the OK to return to normalcy.  After that you can do whatever you wish.  If you have black hair and light scalp, it is likely you will look thin due to the contrast.  As the hair grows, you should look very much like you do now.  It will be a good year before all grafts mature.  By definition, you should look fuller at that time.

Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? 

No I haven’t had a HT I am just curious for future. Since I like short hairstyles and I haven’t seen any post-op pictures with short hair.