Just tried Dermatch

Hey guys. I recieved my order of Dermmatch the other day and have since tried it twice. I have to say that I don't see what all the fuss is about. I found it hard to apply and once finished, could not get over the unnatural sensation of having a painted head. Supposedly it boosts the volume of the hair but I am yet to see the benefits of this. It also made me feel highly self concious going out in public. With Nanogen (a product I cannot praise highly enough), there is no weird sensation and you can pretty much forget that you are wearing it. Plus, if someone notices a bit on your forehead, it would be easier to explain. Thinking of an excuse for why your scalp is painted black seems like a tall order to me.

It seems many people find Dermmatch to be the best product out there but I feel it is important to let all the pros and cons be known.

It sounds like you used too much, it takes practice. For me I found dermmatch much more effective than nanogen in concealing the donor scar because it was mixed in and covered with other hair. I wouldn't try it on the hairline or in areas that are very sparse.

You might find in the end you still prefer nanogen but don't dismiss dermmatch straight off.

• 2 weeks later...

Many people here also recomend using both together, as a long time Nanogen devotee like yourself I couldn't see the plus sides really, but tried it and there are some benefits.

a)the wierd feeling isn't so bad when you apply less and use it regularly

b)I take real comfort in that fact that no matter how hard it rains I'm not going to be completely naked

And just for balance a few downsides:

Chalkiness- don't know about you but dermmatch makes my hair a bit dull

Thickening- doesn't happen.

But both of these are corrected (only slightly in the first case) by using the Nanogen as well, have you tried that?

• 3 years later...

I managed to buy some Dermatch here on line and have tried it a couple of times.

It does seem to work better for the hairline than nanogen and combs through quite well with a wide tooth comb or brush. You must not use too much or allow the applicator to touch the scalp. However, I found that even if this happens a comb can rectify the situation if you make a small error.

I think combined with Nanogen further back this is the best result out there, for me at least.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Matt, I'm pretty sure the whole point of Dermmatch is that it is applied directly to the scalp. If it isn't, I've been doing it wrong since January! :P I used it on my midscalp and toppik to touch up and it makes a huge difference.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Matt, I'm pretty sure the whole point of Dermmatch is that it is applied directly to the scalp. If it isn't, I've been doing it wrong since January! :P I used it on my midscalp and toppik to touch up and it makes a huge difference.

Yep, it's in the instructions but I find because my hairline is so thin it looks way too unnatural doing it that way.

Roll on the days we can both ditch it!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Absolutely!

I'm diffuse, particularly in the miscalp/forelock area, so Dermmatch actually does wonders for me. I only apply it to these areas though (zones 3/4), any closer to the front and it becomes recognisable like you said. That's where I bring in Toppik.

I was at a mates wedding recently and a few of my mates passed different remarks. One (whom I have had previous conversations with regarding hair loss) asked me what the hell was I doing because I looked so much fuller than before.

Another was talking about how much darker my hair is now compared to several years ago, jokingly saying "That's what hair transplants do I guess". Little does he know!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 1 month later...

Dermatch is nothing more than painting your head. You have to have quite a bit of hair to use it on it's own. Personally, I can't use it without fibres afterwards or it would look ridiculous. If you're lucky enough to still have good coverage everywhere then you can get away with it on it's own