Dr demirsoy, HLC questions.

Hi all I’m looking to get a hair transplant to reinforce my hairline, Ive narrowed down my search to Armamed Dr demirsoy and HLC. Dr demirsoy suggests I have a conservative hairline and recommends 1500-2000 grafts. HlC recommend 2000-2300 there’s a big price difference between the 2 clinics and just would like more information or dr demirsoy I’ve seen his website and heard a lot of good things about him. most of the before and after pictures are dated, is there anyone on here who have recently used either of these clinics ? Photos would be much appreciated I’ve attached my photos beneath to show you my hair line. Thanks B9BE9EFC-4571-40B5-BC55-3CD3D0051B28.thumb.jpeg.e7e6595e7b074d9d8333023ec6f5d7cc.jpeg

FB197955-FD90-4211-80C4-07C7D5F0C61F.jpeg

64E4CA38-DF4B-4F3B-854A-4E67D65AD711.jpeg

194C2C28-E1F0-4A74-81EF-F77F414B579E.jpeg

HLC are one of the top choices in Turkey, some others would be Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser. Demirsoy and Yaman are low cost but are still involved in the transplant procedure. Dr Bicer is between the 2. Use the search function top left to find plenty of results on all of them. 
You could also consider Europe if you want to add some really good options, especially Dr Freitas (Spain) for example as he is doing some amazing work and awesome hairlines 👌

Hi John Thanks for your reply, I’ve been looking for a year or so on this site as a non member and read some great things about all the Turkish doctors you’ve mentioned and reached out to all except dr Bicer I’ve heard some good things about dermisoy too and there’s quite a difference in cost I just wonder wether the difference in cost would reflect the final outcome of the HT enough to warrant the extra cost ? if that makes sense. I’m not strictly on a budget But demirsoy I could afford without having to worry too much. this whole process is brain rattling 😂 when I started looking at getting this HT you wouldn’t believe some of the clinics I was considering I’m happy I found this group tbh it’s helped a lot. I’ll look more into dr bicer, do you know how much he quotes roughly per graft ? Thanks for your help..

the cost difference between dermisoy and HLC is around £4000

Edited by RSW23

You can read my HLC story in my signature, so of course I would recommend them. Demirsoy has a few really nice examples on this site, too. 

Of course it is wisest to consider the absolute best doctors. Unsurprisingly, they are also the most expensive. That said, there are some doctors that are great values. It's best not to be cost driven, but instead results driven. Continue to search this site for patient cases. Look for hairline naturalness, design and density. 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?q=Demirsoy&quick=1&search_in=titles

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?q=HLC&quick=1&search_in=titles

MachoVato I just read your story and that’s a powerful result 💪 wow !!  And I’m definatley looking for quality over cost. But of course I have to also be sensible in terms of value for money. 

John it turns out I did reach out to dr Bicer, I just didn’t get back to her with pictures etc I just followed it up and her assistant has replied and I’m going to do some more research on Bicer as she definatley looks promising. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Demirsoy will likely produce a really good, solid result. If you wanted to maybe 'top up' the same area with a little more density later down the road, or lower things a little, then one strategy would be to start with a more wallet friendly choice like Demirsoy & then down the line use a European clinic of distinction for any smaller (and therefore less expensive) work/refinement.

Is there £4000 worth of difference between Demirsoy & HLC? Probably not in reality. HLC are one of the top clinics in Turkey, but they also have several lead doctors, meaning higher overheads and therefore higher costs. You're not necessarily paying for extra quality in this particular shoot out.

If HLC's prices are within reach, then that also opens up other options elsewhere, such as Bruno Ferreira in Portugal, among others. The quality of the work itself between Demirsoy, HLC & Dr Bruno for example will be minimal. Where you might actually see the value at the higher price point will be the quality of the aftercare that you will get from someone like Dr Bruno versus the Turkish clinics, which can be very hit & miss even among the best ones.

HLC has 5 doctors, I think. When I was there, there were 4 patients, so basically 1 patient per doctor per day. Many clinics have multiple doctors. HDC in Cyprus has a couple. BHR lists 9 doctors on the site and have a few different office locations. I don't think HLC prices are about overhead. HLC does, however, use manual punches for extraction performed only by doctors, which takes more time than motorized harvesting. They use stick and place, again with the doctor, which also takes more time than pre-made incisions. A doctor is with you basically the entire time.

Demirsoy uses motorized extraction and premade slits. Nothing wrong with that at all, Bisanga does the same. If I was on a 1.25 euro/graft budget, Demirsoy would be in my top 3 options. Is HLC worth double the cost? Is Bisanga worth double HLC? That's for us each to decide. 

All I know for certain is that your donor supply is limited. You only get a couple chances at this, if you're lucky. I don't always gamble, but when I do I always place my money on the surest bet. :)

• Thanks 1

@Berba11 that’s my thought process !! I don’t feel like I’m necessarily paying for extra quality,  the results will differ but not £4000 differ. Another factor into why HLC is one of my choices tho is the graft per cm2. Demirsoy dense packs at 30-40 grafts per cm2 and HLC use 50grafts per cm2  I know 30-40 is sufficient for density but Them extra 10-20 grafts per cm2 might make the difference. 
I’ve been doing some research on Bicer and I like her results too. Some story’s on this site say she also uses 50per cm2 where necessary.