General inquiry

Kingking93

945E8E29-CF27-4961-A36E-8CD90ED604A1.thumb.jpeg.4dc7ac4354d98c3e3997b633fb867fab.jpegED030B21-8E6D-43B4-8468-4E7FC5EFDC0D.thumb.jpeg.c70522d2858a73af768e134df4df600d.jpeg58106176-EC91-4EE5-AEBF-D4B0E373BACF.thumb.jpeg.07a1c54f732dce3a7438f82cbaf7362d.jpegI’m living in NC in the usa I’m a black male who’s newly 28 and both of my brothers are bald. my progression has been much slower I used fina and min about 2 years and saw good results after about two months but then had to stop because of my income took a hit and I was in grad school I tried to try again around a year ago but the result seemed to be non- existent,  I do feel my hair loss progressing, I still have some hair follicles in the front but they are much less than my sides and back towards my crown the follicles are getting less and less, if I go against grain I can feel a few still but going with grain if feels as if I have none. Now that I have a full time job and am getting some money I want to be able to make a great cost effective choice for my hair.

I can upload pics as well if it helps! 

thanks for all the help 

Edited by Kingking93

1 minute ago, Kingking93 said:

I’m living in NC in the usa I’m a black male who’s newly 28 and both of my brothers are bald. my progression has been much slower I used fina and min about 2 years and saw good results after about two months but then had to stop because of my income took a hit and I was in grad school I tried to try again around a year ago but the result seemed to be non- existent,  I do feel my hair loss progressing, I still have some hair follicles in the front but they are much less than my sides and back towards my crown the follicles are getting less and less, if I go against grain I can feel a few still but going with grain if feels as if I have none. Now that I have a full time job and am getting some money I want to be able to make a great cost effective choice for my hair.

I can upload pics as well if it helps! 

thanks for all the help 

Please do post pics. You need to stay on Fin/Minox consistently, it’s a lifetime commitment really. Anytime you stop you will lose ground, if you can stay on them from now. Sounds like your family is destined for a high level of loss. Your still young and are very likely to keep losing unless you have a med regime in place. 

• Like 1

Yea any breaks in the drugs, particularly finasteride, is going to permanently set you back that much further. Its helping to protect your remaining hairs as much as possible by lowering your DHT. But then some people that are really sensitive to DHT keep on losing in the long run, but at least at a slower rate.

Looks like you have good facial features, head shape, and facial hair. Have you thought about shaving it all off and growing out your beard? Its an easy good look to maintain. Once you start down the hair transplant road you're going to be always worrying and fighting to maintain enough density to look like you have enough hair. Some guys that get hair transplants still need to also use concealers like hair fibers to achieve a full look. It can be quite the daily time investment and hassle to do that everyday. And its going to limit your hair length/styling options because you'll also need to conceal the hair transplant scarring on the back of your head. I speak from experience.

Also, you have a good skin tone for scalp micropigmentation. You should look into that as an option too

Some top clinics in the USA with before/after results: 

https://scalpmicrousa.com/results/hairline/

https://www.aheadink.com/gallery

And this is a good general place to learn about SMP

https://www.teammicro.com/

• Like 1

Your donor doesn't look particularly strong, unfortunately. And if you want to keep you hair that short, a transplant might not work out... the dot scars will be obvious. 

I mean, you *might* be able to get a small transplant to help build your hairline. Like 500-1000 grafts, maybe? Also, beard hair might be viable for donor. All that in addition to SMP, and keeping your hair that short, could give a decent result. 

The best advice is to do an in-person consult with a hair doctor. At least take some good photos of your donor and send them to a few clinics for online evaluation.