Can sweating immediately after the operation damage the grafts ?

My operation is exactly 47 days ago now and after the OP when I drove home I sweated a lot because of the weather. After I opened the air conditioner everything was fine but I sweated for like good 10-20 minutes if I remember correctly. didn’t though much about it until a while ago when I read that sweating should be avoided after the procedure.

I wonder when surgeons warn of sweating is it because it affects the grafts or just to avoid scalp infection ? Or is it both ? Is there any chance I might have caused damage to the grafts because of that incident ?

No damage done…you will be just fine.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Its sweating that results from doing physical activity, where the increased blood flow can cause swelling and bleeding in the sensitive healing areas. That's why they want you to take it easy in the days after the procedure.

• Like 1

And sweating helps to secrete natural oils which is good for the scalp.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY