Looking for Best FUT Surgeon In Turkey

451stroker

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a great FUT surgeon in Turkey? I've already had a large FUT procedure with Doctor Cooley a few years ago, so I would like to stick with FUT. It seems that most of the doctors in Turkey are doing FUE. I contacted a reputable FUE doctor in Istanbul and sent pictures. Based on the pictures, he said he could only get between 1500 to 2500 grafts using the FUE method because of my previous surgery. Dr. Cooley said my next FUT procedure could be 3000 grafts. I should mention, Doctor Cooley was fantastic. I'm just looking at Turkey as a possibility because the cost difference is extreme.

Thanks in advance for any input!

• Administrators

I don't think there is any surgeon besides Dr. Bicer that does FUT. The question is why are you looking exclusively in Turkey? The best FUT surgeons are in North America, no question about it. If you're looking for affordable options. Some of the best FUT surgeons charge what good doctors in Turkey charge for FUE

Here's our list which is a good place to start

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
On 8/26/2021 at 5:08 AM, 451stroker said:

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a great FUT surgeon in Turkey? I've already had a large FUT procedure with Doctor Cooley a few years ago, so I would like to stick with FUT. It seems that most of the doctors in Turkey are doing FUE. I contacted a reputable FUE doctor in Istanbul and sent pictures. Based on the pictures, he said he could only get between 1500 to 2500 grafts using the FUE method because of my previous surgery. Dr. Cooley said my next FUT procedure could be 3000 grafts. I should mention, Doctor Cooley was fantastic. I'm just looking at Turkey as a possibility because the cost difference is extreme.

Thanks in advance for any input!

If you are happy with the results of Dr Cooley I think you are mad to change to an unknown surgeon and one from Turkey! I know it's a lot of money. But if you are unhappy with the results it's a lot of unhappiness for the rest of your life.

2 hours ago, bostonguy said:

Just curious, @451stroker how were your final results with Cooley both in growth and scar outcome? 

Cooley was excellent. The scar is almost undetectable and the results were very good. It was a great experience. I was hoping for more density, but I think my hair is on the fine side and you just don't get as much coverage with fine hair as you do with thick hair.

13 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If you are happy with the results of Dr Cooley I think you are mad to change to an unknown surgeon and one from Turkey! I know it's a lot of money. But if you are unhappy with the results it's a lot of unhappiness for the rest of your life.

Yes, I will most likely go back to him. I'm not a good candidate for FUE and from what I'm finding, there's not enough cost saving with a different FUT surgeon to justify taking the risk. Cooley is excellent. If I was a good FUE candidate, I don't think I would hesitate to go to Bicer, HLC, or Demirsoy in Turkey.

I wouldn’t consider Turkey for a FUT personally, Dr Bicer has experience but not in recent times. I can think of 2 other Drs who also perform FUT but wouldn’t recommend or even mention their names.

So many good Drs/Clinics in the US doing FUT (Cooley is one) I also really like Hattingen (Swiss)they are performing some really work.

• Like 1

There may be cheaper options in Europe for fut such as bisanga, hattingen, and feriduni (not sure if all of them are performing fut nowadays). Turkey isn’t really a well known destination for fut.

like others have mentioned. If you’re happy with your previous doctor, I would def try to stick with them.

• Like 2