Eyebrow HT, or eyebrow SMP, what's best?

Bluelagoon

I see some people recommend microblading underneath current eyebrows to enhance thin eyebrows. What's your opinion on this? 

• What would look best natural, HT or microblading, and what would look most natural. 

I assume it's easier to enhance the shape of the eyebrows using subtle microblading. Something like this is what I am thinking about, where the v-shape underneath is only enhanced, and no hair strands are drawn outside the current eyebrows. I have heard many eyebrow HT might end up unnatural (depending on the success of the surgery) and that HT eyebrows need some maintenance by trimming them since transplanted hairs grow much longer than original hairs. I assume these are not incompatible. It's possible to do both. 

My brothers girlfriend had SMP on her eyebrows. Now, I've had SMP done on my head. So, I figured I'd have a keen eye to spot it, but couldn't tell she had it done. My brother told me about three years after he was dating her. I don't know where she had it done so I can't help you there, but I'd recommend that before I'd recommend having surgery.

• Like 2

Try Latisse on the eyebrows, even though it is intended for eyelashes.  You would only want to go to the most detail oriented HT doc for transplanting the eyebrows.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On 8/27/2021 at 7:47 AM, Myloloves said:

You could try microblading first, I heard a lot of good reviews about the procedure

Do you think it would be be as good underneath the current eyebrows? I am thinking it might look natural, and look nice and thick, but I dunno how it would turn out.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:40 AM, Scarhelp said:

My brothers girlfriend had SMP on her eyebrows. Now, I've had SMP done on my head. So, I figured I'd have a keen eye to spot it, but couldn't tell she had it done. My brother told me about three years after he was dating her. I don't know where she had it done so I can't help you there, but I'd recommend that before I'd recommend having surgery.

Wow. Couldn't tell. Three years. That sounds good. I take it she had a good SMP artist. But still! And I take it she did it the regular way, and not solely underneath current brows, which would be a more «male» way to do it. What's your opinion on your SMP on the scalp btw? 

I've heard from reputable HT docs that when you transplant scalp hair to eyebrow it will continue to grow like scalp hair so you need to trim regularly. 

• Like 2

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yeah that's what I heard too. And I think SMP offers several advantages to eyebrow HT. A result such as this is easily done with SMP, but ain't something a HT would do. And there's no trimming, as you point out. I am puzzled why there's so many men doing opting for eyebrow HT instead of eyebrow SMP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 1:32 AM, Bluelagoon said:

Do you think it would be be as good underneath the current eyebrows? I am thinking it might look natural, and look nice and thick, but I dunno how it would turn out.

Wow. Couldn't tell. Three years. That sounds good. I take it she had a good SMP artist. But still! And I take it she did it the regular way, and not solely underneath current brows, which would be a more «male» way to do it. What's your opinion on your SMP on the scalp btw? 

Not sure but I like having a thick eyebrow, so if that's the case, I'm for doing it.

If you do it Myloloves I recommened you take photo of yourself, and run it through Faceapp, and if you like the new eyebrows in Faceapp then ask the SMP artist to create something similar. When given free reign many SMP artist do something like to this (completely overblown, completely fake). So I would recommend having a clear wish for them yeah. And please do post here if you go ahead and microblade.

Edited by Bluelagoon