Looking for feedback on this HT ~5000 grafts done in India

Hello everyone,

So FUT( a strip ) plus FUE of chest hair. Approximately 5000 grafts in one session.

2 PRP's done until now. I'll complete 3 months at the end of August.

1. Looking at PreOps images what grade it was? Norwood 4.5/5/6? Was I the candidate for hair transplant?

2. Since it's done, how is it turning out, according to you guys?

3. Not sure if my donor is fine for another sitting for FUE, however the doctor suggested going with beard shadow area for the next sitting to cover up crown area. Please suggest.

4. Don't know if it's stupid to say , I actually keep like short hair , faded from all sides , just like undercut, so I am not sure if it's possible to extract more from sides and from the back? Main thing is to cover the frontal and the crown should be kept slightly less dense.

5. Lastly, if you think, the next session could be better with another doctor then please suggest. I am aware it's costly here in Canada Joe Tillman, or Eugenix(India) or Turkey?

Thanks ,any input appreciated.

DSC_0495 (2).png

DSC_0494.png

DSC_0493 (3).png

DSC_0492.png

DSC_0431.png

20210612_065828.jpg

20210822_020134.jpg

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023

10 hours ago, deadman said:
5. Lastly, if you think, the next session could be better with another doctor then please suggest. I am aware it's costly here in Canada Joe Tillman, or Eugenix(India) or Turkey?

"Dr Joe T"... Didn't know he was performing surgeries now...

You haven't posted any donor pictures so unable to comment on the post op situation.

I don't like the way they designed the incisions in rows, especially the front hairline.  It will probably look too straight.

It seems to have healed well and there are grounds to be optimistic.  Looks ok for 3 months and should start to see fine hairs poke through in the next 2 months.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hello @1978matt

Joe T, I just read it on reddit somewhere, Idk if he started something.. sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for looking at it. For the donor images, my 1st question was referring to my donor area  before this 1st surgery. For my donor area postOps, I will add images once it started to grow, I will give it few more months.

Definately below average donor to start with.  FUT is the best choice for you if you can get another one.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• deadman changed the title to Looking for feedback on this HT ~5000 grafts done in India

@1978matt
Can go for another FUT but scared about scalp laxity. It feels a bit weird now already but I will wait to see how it heals up first.

Doc anyways suggested to go with beard shadow area for next time, I am not sure.

Yes correct,  my donor area has been below average. However, these Eugenix are doing NW 7 hair transplant to full coverage with just FUE, how?

Edited by deadman

Your at a early stage after your current procedure, let’s see how it develops over the next 9 months. You could certainly consult with Eugenix in the mean time, they use a combo of scalp and beard grafts via FUE only. They are able to achieve excellent results. It all depends on the individual though.

• Like 1

Hello @JohnAC71

Thanks for your feedback. I will then probably wait couple of more months and see how it goes.

BTW, if we compare the postops img2 vs postops img3, we see the frontal hairs properly in img2 but now it's all gone in img3, are follicles dead ? or still in shock/shedding phase?

Hello @Gatsby

He suggested to use beard grafts for next sitting for some reason, idk..🤷‍♂️. I think my donor area is obviously below average so beard and chest will definitely be used, no matter whomever surgeon I will go to , I guess? I think with just FUE from scalp won't help for next sitting :/

Pranay singh chakotiya was the surgeon

Edited by deadman
  • Like 1

@JohnAC71

Sure here it is, please make a note I recently trimmed my beard so...not sure if that helps. Just the shadow area as the donor area I am talking about.

Should I apply my 5%min on my beard as well?

20210823_034202.jpg

@JohnAC71

No, I don't know the reason honestly. But 1st sitting is done already so I didn't bother myself much asking. But I will ask him the logic next time I visit him.

Surgeons like Eugenix, how do they fix NW7/6 patient to full fledged hair when in their case donor areas have not been sufficient? Or Am I mistaken about it?

9 minutes ago, deadman said:

@JohnAC71

No, I don't know the reason honestly. But 1st sitting is done already so I didn't bother myself much asking. But I will ask him the logic next time I visit him.

Surgeons like Eugenix, how do they fix NW7/6 patient to full fledged hair when in their case donor areas have not been sufficient? Or Am I mistaken about it?

They are very good at managing donor areas, and also get a good amount of beard grafts. I guess you have seen the much vaunted @Zoomstercase for example? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Just by putting Eugenix in the search bar here you will find tons of cases, and they are usually the higher Norwood levels. 

Yes correct, i think not every surgeon is a good fit to perform NW6/7. That is also a skill as to how to manage limited donor area.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, deadman said:

Yes correct, i think not every surgeon is a good fit to perform NW6/7. That is also a skill as to how to manage limited donor area.

I was just mentioning Dr Zarev in another thread, superb donor management! And gets really good graft numbers 👌

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I just was mentioning Dr Zarev in another thread, superb donor management! And gets really good graft numbers 👌

I will look up on the cost for Dr Zarev, Eugenix. Turkey might be another to check out considering the costs, idk.

I think surgeons also suggest to take fin and min few months prior to the session, this way donor can become stronger?

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

If your thinking Turkey then consider Dr Bicer, HLC they also do good work with higher Norwoods. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Turkey/Ozlem-Bicer/694

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Depends on the Clinic/Dr but it’s not unusual for them to ask your on Fin for 12 months before a procedure. 

Yeah but this was not the case with me so we will see how it turns out for me. I will post an update here hopefully with smile.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@deadman Finasteride really needs to be taken a good 6-12 months prior to any surgery. The use of beard grafts must be in unison with scalp grafts and beard grafts are really used as a filler, not the main source alone. Speak with Eugenix as they are in my opinion the world's best in the art of using beard grafts blended in with scalp grafts to give a natural appearance. All the best!