Do I need to take finasteride after FUE?

Jakerpk

• Administrators

It helps with both. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Most surgeons recommend this, even if it's only to get you through the first year or so after the procedure to offset any potential shock loss you may experience. If your body responds well to it, you can keep taking it longterm. Most guys can stay on it without an issue. And if you ever do experience side effects, you can reevaluate then and decide for yourself if you want to stay on it - but I do think it's a good call to give it a go. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

As far as I know it's a regular practice to prescribe anti-androgen drug to maintain your existing hair, otherwise you will soon enough need additional hair transplantation to cover new areas, if you have an aggressive alopecia  You'll also likely be offered PRP after the surgery to increase the graft survival rate.