How did you pay for it?

I hit lucky, lol.

I got approved for a loan, my father shares the same name - opened the approval letter by mistake, nearly had a stroke at the interest (28%) and offered to loan me the money.

I'm a grad student. I split the costs with my mommy. My dad still doesn't know about it. icon_smile.gif He wouldn't have approved, but he just doesn't understand because he's twice my age and has a full head of hair.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

If I were you, I would save as much as I can for say a year and if you are still wanting to move forward with a HT then go for it. If you decide to not go forward at that time, you have money in the bank!

A loan will simply add to the overall cost of the procedure due to interest and fees that are associated with a loan. I paid cash and it was hard to let go of that kind of money, but the cost of the procedure is what I paid, nothing more.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman:

A very wise suggestion.

Mikey79:

In addition, if you wait a year, you would know whether Propecia work or not.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Mikey,

Saving money is a good idea whether or not you are going to eventually spend it on a hair transplant, a new car, etc. Saving should hopefully be part of your lifestyle.

However, most people don't buy expensive items with hard cold cash. Therefore there are a number of financing options you can consider, including credit card loans, personal bank loans, home equity loans, etc. Some hair restoration clinics will offer financing options as well.

Be sure to consider the long term before undergoing your first hair transplant procedure. A long term hair restoration plan should be worked out with your surgeon and sound financial planning is a part of any good hair plan.

Best wishes,

Bill

i took a capital one cosmetic surgery loan at 0% ineterest for 18 months. if you have good credit you should be able to negotiate the terms you want.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

yes, having good credit will help lower the apr. i suggest telling them what you are looking for. sometimes they will work with you. good luck.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com