SMP turning blue or green?

Hey,

So any ink or pigment in general turn blue after some years. example of it, tattoos.

So then there is a high probability with SMP too, right?
 If so, after the laser-remover will it be 100% removed? What will happen to the follicles around?

• Administrators

Temporary smp completely fades

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Big difference between tattoos and SMP.  Tattoos can turn orange, green, purple.....SMP, if done correctly, uses organic inks that are metabolized by the body.  This is why they require ongoing touchups.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

43 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Big difference between tattoos and SMP.  Tattoos can turn orange, green, purple.....SMP, if done correctly, uses organic inks that are metabolized by the body.  This is why they require ongoing touchups.  

If you do not do touchups, what will the skin look like considering that the smp weakens? 

Will it change color like tattoos?

No. Scalp micropigmentation is a form of permanent cosmetics, but unlike tattoo ink, the Scalp Micro USA pigment is designed to fall within the same color spectrum of short cut hair. The pigment contains no additional colorants or additives and will only lighten, not discolor over an extended time.

Scalp micropigmentation also utilizes different equipment than traditional tattooing, ensuring the needle and machine are designed specifically for micropigmentation of the scalp.

Will Scalp Micropigmentation work with gray hair?

Yes, those with gray hair can still benefit from the scalp micropigmentation procedure. First, most clients are recommended to cut their hair to a short buzzed length. When this is done, gray hair does not appear as gray because the hair root itself is darker. Hair only shows gray as it gets longer. Second, we use a gray-scale pigment that can be adjusted in shade to blend with lighter hair tones. We simply create a lighter dilution for blending into the existing gray hairs.

• Like 2