Have I damaged my transplanted hair ?

Hello I signed up because I want to get an answer for this one. I washed my hair the first time since the HT on day 2. Before using the shampoo I used the lotion as I got recommended however I used too much of it and I needed lot of time to get rid of it. I washed it off with lukewarm water in a cup and tried to not put much pressure on it. My fear is that I might have damaged the new hairs by using way too much water is that possible ? It’s just 2 days after all

Can something bad happen or is it all right ?

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Unless you noticed any blood loss or saw grafts you should be fine. Can you post any pics ? Thanks 🙏

This is what it looked like after the washing. As you can see the lotion wasn’t fully gone yet but it is by now.0289D470-1BAC-4406-A276-42629E6C3886.thumb.jpeg.34e231a44bbed72ca80ebb6bec79df0c.jpeg

there was no blood and I didn’t noticed any grafts falling out. So is everything alright then ? Cause transplanted hair are very fragile the first days from what I’ve heard and I wonder if using this much water to wash them so early might be bad ?

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes the first few days are crucial. And they are fragile. However by the sounds of it and looking at the pic i very much doubt you have damaged the grafts. 

I hope so! Would be an absolute disaster if I did. Will definitely use much less of the lotion tomorrow and the remaining days and hope nothing bad will happen.

What will happen btw if I did manage to damage the grafts by the washing today ? Will they fall out and not grow back anymore ?

14 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Graft loss would be noticeable at this stage, you would see a trickle/river of blood. But if they did come out then no they would not grow. It would be a lost graft/grafts. 

So if there was no blood at all the grafts did not get damaged and everything is all right ? This HT was very important to me and I’m very stressed about this situation, just hope is all right.

Edited by Beno99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beno99 said:

So if there was no blood at all the grafts did not get damaged and everything is all right ? This HT was very important to me and I’m very stressed about this situation, just hope is all right.

Just be more careful, you will be fine 👌 out of curiosity who was the Dr/Clinic ? How many grafts ? Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.