Can you use hairspray 4 weeks post-op?

hairspray would be fine 4 weeks post-op. Just wash it out before you go to bed

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

oh ok then im wrong, i thote it might affect growth and never liked using it but ok nevermind,

the armani clinic tell you not to use products for a year,

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Just heard from Dr. Cooley. He said that it's okay to use hairspray now. I'll just be using enough to hold it down a bit. I don't think that using alot would be good so it's better to be cautious, in my opinion.

Bill,

Your response corresponds to what Janna at SMG advised me: wait until after your sutures are out or approx. 7 to 10-days post op before using any hair products, such as gels or hairspray or Toppik, etc. To get back to work within seven days, I carefully styled my hair in the morning where my existing hair hid my new grafts, and then covered up my grafts and sprayed some hairspray on my existing hair, being careful not to get any on my new grafts. Plus, I pretty much avoided anything outdoors for the first couple of weeks so I didn't have to worry about wind or sun creating issues.

Here I am now about 2.5 months post-op and my hair is already back to the pre-op position, so I'm excited at the prospects ahead!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog