Nervous about Hair Transplant in Turkey

12 hours ago, soloo said:

Interestingly enough, I decided not to do hair transplant.

Good decision. I really feel like you had too many doubts and weren't ready to pull the trigger. Maybe you'd be interested in trying a hair system instead?

17 hours ago, deeznuts said:

He's already incredibly safe. He's a vaccinated (presumably) healthy 30 year old adult male. You couldn't be any safer unless maybe you were a vaccinated healthy mid 20's adult male.  The mortality rate for healthy 30 year old males is at most a hair above 0%. I have no doubt that you are more likely to die in a car crash than to die at COVID at age 30. As safe as possible is really not feasible and there is always a risk to doing anything including locking yourself up in your home with how depression/social isolation/mental health can have an impact on your body. You know car crashes/accidents are more likely to kill you in your teens/20's than anything else? Would you give up driving because of the risks with automobiles? It's OPs health and he's free to what he wants with his life but I really doubt there's much more you can do to be safe without severely compromising your quality of life.

Once again, vaccines are still not 100% effective as high on the scale of effectiveness as pharmas claim they are. My best advice is to wait it out either just enough time has passed or until the virus is cleared from the environment. As mentioned previously in one of my comments, after my friend received the pfizer vaccine he developed strong symptoms from the coronavirus which according to him was anything but pleasant as he complained of inability to fall asleep since he had suffered from uncontrollable shortness of breath rendering him insomniac apart from other intolerable symptoms. It almost killed him to the point that he has to stay at the hospital for a month. Would you seriously risk your health over some hair? Is risking to acquire one of the most deadliest diseases that you can pass on to your loved ones and friends worth your life and theirs worth it over a handful of follicles? You stated that you "doubt there's much more you can do to be safe without severely compromising your quality of life." I already explained that you can by staying put until this rolls over. The op can do whatever he pleases and I wish him the very best. But I'm looking out for him and people around him so he can be spared of the devastating effects I've first hand seen myself what this deadly virus does to people. Its no joke, especially when traveling to foreign lands if thats your destination for a transplant.

Edited by dtap

• Administrators

@soloo Why did you report a post about asking for pictures? I'm confused as to why that wouldn't be relevant to your post.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@soloo Why did you report a post about asking for pictures? I'm confused as to why that wouldn't be relevant to your post.

This post is not about what the number of grafts & cost it would take for me to get a full head.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:31 AM, soloo said:

Interestingly enough, I decided not to do hair transplant.

Wise decision soloo. You looked at this intellectually after giving it much thought which is smart. Personally I dont think the fear of corona changed your mind as much as other factors involved but it probably added a bit of weight to your final decision.

Just remember that a transplant is a huge undertaking regardless of costs which has to be heavily considered as a last resort no matter whats at stake given other known, potential risk factors such as trauma to scalp, necrosis, infection, poor donor extraction, techs having bad day, bad quality doctor, DNA, shock loss and stunted growth.

Just to give us a solid picture of whats going on at least consider uploading a few pics if you feel comfortable in order for us to give the best direction possible from our viewpoints based on our experiences.

Always go with your gut as you've demonstrated. Later on when youre ready to give this another shot you can do that. Good luck.

Edited by dtap

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

@solooWhat has made you decide not to have a Hair Transplant ? Are you postponing it or had a change of mind ? Thanks 🙏 

More I thought about what I would look like after hair transplant, I will not be satisfied with my hair transplant.

My donor area is too weak for me to get a hair transplant that I will be satisfied with. And I was told my donor area will have white holes if I were to cut them shorter than 2 cm or so.

My expectation was low with conserative hairline but even my donor area is thinning and I have had hair loss around my donor in the past which never grew back (due to extreme stress).

• Like 1

Just now, soloo said:

More I thought about what I would look like after hair transplant, I will not be satisfied with my hair transplant.

My donor area is too weak for me to get a hair transplant that I will be satisfied with. And I was told my donor area will have white holes if I were to cut them shorter than 2 cm or so.

My expectation was low with conserative hairline but even my donor area is thinning and I have had hair loss around my donor in the past which never grew back (due to extreme stress).

Sounds like a very wise choice considering your explanation. 👏

2 minutes ago, soloo said:

Understood. I feel your pain brother. I'm here to help if you need it. Wise choice

Edited by dtap

3 minutes ago, dtap said:

Understood. I feel your pain brother. I'm here to help if you need it. Wise choice

It was a great help already to be able to speak about my hair loss problem and get a genuine response from folks.

Thanks guys.

I am substituting to either go complete bald or get a very high end wig.

1 minute ago, soloo said:

It was a great help already to be able to speak about my hair loss problem and get a genuine response from folks.

Thanks guys.

I am substituting to either go complete bald or get a very high end wig.

Hair systems have come a long way and should definitely be a consideration. Kudos to you 🙏

8 minutes ago, dtap said:

Once again, vaccines are still not 100% effective as high on the scale of effectiveness as pharmas claim they are. My best advice is to wait it out either just enough time has passed or until the virus is cleared from the environment. As mentioned previously in one of my comments, after my friend received the pfizer vaccine he developed strong symptoms from the coronavirus which according to him was anything but pleasant as he complained of inability to fall asleep since he had suffered from uncontrollable shortness of breath rendering him insomniac apart from other intolerable symptoms. It almost killed him to the point that he has to stay at the hospital for a month. Would you seriously risk your health over some hair? Is risking to acquire one of the most deadliest diseases that you can pass on to your loved ones and friends worth your life and theirs worth it over a handful of follicles? You stated that you "doubt there's much more you can do to be safe without severely compromising your quality of life." I already explained that you can by staying put until this rolls over. The op can do whatever he pleases and I wish him the very best. But I'm looking out for him and people around him so he can be spared of the devastating effects I've first hand seen myself what this deadly virus does to people. Its no joke, especially when traveling to foreign lands if thats your destination for a transplant.

And once again, the risks are minimal as a healthy vaccinated adult male. Your anecdote doesn't change anything. It's just fearmongering with 0 numbers or facts.

By your logic, you shouldn't drive a car since you are statistically more likely to die in a car crash than to die from COVID as a healthy 30 year old vaccinated adult male with no pre-existing medical conditions (including obesity). Would you risk a case of severe injury or death on the off chance you get into an accident? Might as well never drive again lol. Statistically, you are more likely to die in a car crash as someone who healthy than you are to COVID. If your friend got in a car crash, would that mean you wouldn't drive ever again?

I'll believe your COVID rhetoric if you're willing to never drive a car again (assuming you own/drive/ride a car at the moment). If you won't give up driving a car then I really have to question if there's any logical consistency to the way you do things. I mean, if you're willing to not leave your house for something with a less likelihood of killing you, then surely, you would give up driving/riding cars which have a higher likelihood of killing you for a smaller sacrifice. 

Also anecdotal evidence isn't facts. It's a shame your friend caught it but that's not a statistic, that's an anecdote. The numbers just don't support COVID as that deadly the 30-39 age group where you have to live in abject fear of dying. And if you're worried about loved ones, the 2 week travel quarantine is a thing... Which you should probably do if you were traveling overseas.

Quick google search says 6837 people have died to COVID in the US in the 30-39 age group. Using a quick google search there's roughly 40-45 million 30-39 year old adults in the USA. But OP is 30 so you have to assume he's slightly less likely to die from COVID. And of those in that age group that have died, you have to assume they have pre-existing medical conditions for the most part. 

At the end of the day, some people have to really take a long hard look at compromising their quality of life as if they can just give everything up without a second thought. People act like they can just stay cooped up in their house forever and that the tradeoffs are somehow acceptable for what the numbers look like. Being alive entails risks to your life and health. That's kinda how it is. I honestly wonder if you're more likely to lose years of your life/die from the side effects of quarantine/lockdown as a healthy 30 year old than to die from COVID itself. Lack of exercise, mental health issues, unhealthy eating, stress from WFH/unemployment... 

2 hours ago, deeznuts said:

And once again, the risks are minimal as a healthy vaccinated adult male. Your anecdote doesn't change anything. It's just fearmongering with 0 numbers or facts.

By your logic, you shouldn't drive a car since you are statistically more likely to die in a car crash than to die from COVID as a healthy 30 year old vaccinated adult male with no pre-existing medical conditions (including obesity). Would you risk a case of severe injury or death on the off chance you get into an accident? Might as well never drive again lol. Statistically, you are more likely to die in a car crash as someone who healthy than you are to COVID. If your friend got in a car crash, would that mean you wouldn't drive ever again?

I'll believe your COVID rhetoric if you're willing to never drive a car again (assuming you own/drive/ride a car at the moment). If you won't give up driving a car then I really have to question if there's any logical consistency to the way you do things. I mean, if you're willing to not leave your house for something with a less likelihood of killing you, then surely, you would give up driving/riding cars which have a higher likelihood of killing you for a smaller sacrifice.

Youre rude to the sensitivities of the OP. Your language is obnoxious and unnecessary. 

Youve been reported and youre now ignored.

Btw the OP already decided not to go for a transplant. You lose

2 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Also anecdotal evidence isn't facts. It's a shame your friend caught it but that's not a statistic, that's an anecdote. The numbers just don't support COVID as that deadly the 30-39 age group where you have to live in abject fear of dying. And if you're worried about loved ones, the 2 week travel quarantine is a thing... Which you should probably do if you were traveling overseas.

Quick google search says 6837 people have died to COVID in the US in the 30-39 age group. Using a quick google search there's roughly 40-45 million 30-39 year old adults in the USA. But OP is 30 so you have to assume he's slightly less likely to die from COVID. And of those in that age group that have died, you have to assume they have pre-existing medical conditions for the most part. 

At the end of the day, some people have to really take a long hard look at compromising their quality of life as if they can just give everything up without a second thought. People act like they can just stay cooped up in their house forever and that the tradeoffs are somehow acceptable for what the numbers look like. Being alive entails risks to your life and health. That's kinda how it is. I honestly wonder if you're more likely to lose years of your life/die from the side effects of quarantine/lockdown as a healthy 30 year old than to die from COVID itself. Lack of exercise, mental health issues, unhealthy eating, stress from WFH/unemployment... 

@dtap @deeznuts

No need to get heat up. I decided to not get the hair transplant, not because of COVID-19 but the fact that I will not be satisfied with the result even if I had one and not enough donor.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@dtap and @deeznuts

Both of you have been reported. We’re not here to talk about Covid or vaccines. Stop this at once.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@dtap and @deeznuts

Both of you have been reported. We’re not here to talk about Covid or vaccines. Stop this at once.

Makes no sense since the other person was insulting and trolling. But whatever. Just happy OP decided to put this off until hes ready.