Hair transplant with alternative donor area

Hey all :)

I'm in a bad shape regarding my donor area, back and side, Norwood 6 bad and my donor area is thin. I'd like to have at least some amount of hair on my head and I'm fine with cutting it, like a buzz cut.

Strangely my neck if hairy, chest also. I was wondering (if anyone did that or have experience) is it possible to transplant chest/neck/belly hair or that's too unusual?

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

How is your beard ? That’s always the next best source apart from scalp. Would you be able to post any pics of your current situation ? Thanks 🙏

Beard is also very bad.  I'm shaved right now so it looks good but actually it's not. I know that my donor area is weak and unusable. That's 100% sure. I'll post picture little bit later. Also I haven't seen Dr. Umar results, where can I see them?

• Administrators

The alternative to a bad donor is to do nothing or get smp. Can you share pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Doing nothing is never a bad thing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have to agree with Melvin here. I don’t think you would get anywhere close to a satisfactory result by using body hair. As you say the donor area is weak and you mentioned the same for your Beard. Chest hair and other body hair isn’t as reliable as scalp and It’s questionable if it would be enough. 
SMP may be a option if you do keep your hair short. 

My advice as I’m in a similar situation. Get on finasteride and minoxidil for a year. Let your hair grow out also to see what your really working with. See how you can style your existing hair then contact a surgeon to use minimal grafts for maximum coverage in areas that need it most. Then look at a concealer to cover the rest. Or just keep shaving it😄

• Like 1

I think the buzzed cut style looks good on you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY