Overharvest?

Hi all. New to the forum.

Just had FUE in Tijuana last week. 1550 grafts / 4100 follicles.
I imagine there are plenty of references/pics of donor overharvesting in these forums, but I'd like some opinions based on my pic specifically. Firstly, it seems my original donor density wasn't as high as I had thought. Secondly, I realize the donor area reveals itself when buzzed this short, but it's still rather disconcerting.

This pic is 4 days after procedure.

Thoughts? (is this about normal, or overharvested?)

image.thumb.png.97feb3164e6cdd87ce67bce0dd1954fb.png

Edited by Dan Neveu

The extraction sites do appear to be more than 1550.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The uniformity certainly doesn't seem great. But not terrible either.

2 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

1550 grafts should not be over harvested... but the extraction pattern doesn’t look very well planned. All you can do is see how it recovers. 

13 minutes ago, Dan Neveu said:

Great. 😌

In your opinion, what are my prospects, surgical or otherwise?

Just be patient and see how you heal and progress. Keep us updated. You'll have an answer in about 1 - 1.5 years. Don't stress over it. You should be able to recover well from this. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Just be patient and see how you heal and progress. Keep us updated. You'll have an answer in about 1 - 1.5 years. Don't stress over it. You should be able to recover well from this. 

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, why is 1+ years required to assess recovery of the donor area (versus recipient)?

Edited by Dan Neveu

• Administrators

Way to soon to say it's overharvested. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:30 PM, Dan Neveu said:

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, why is 1+ years required to assess recovery of the donor area (versus recipient)?

IMHO, to give the area plenty of time to heal and fully recover including how the remaining donor hair grows.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY