Advice on suitability

I'd like some opinions on whether the general consensus is that a HT would work for me.

1 clinic said no.

2 have said yes. 

I'd really appreciate some feedback. And even potential for using beard/body hair.

Thanks for any help.

20210610_090131.jpg

20210610_090118.jpg

IMG-20210608-WA0022.jpeg

IMG-20210608-WA0024.jpeg

IMG-20210608-WA0029.jpeg

IMG-20210608-WA0033.jpeg

Hard to tell how solid your donor hair is from those photos.

That said, i think you could probably get enough out of it to cover the hairline to vertex area.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I would consult with some clinics that are particularly good for the higher Norwood levels. Some names that come to mind are Dr Bisanga who does some excellent BHT as well as combo hts (FUT/FUE).Or Eugenix who are masters of Norwood 5/6 and do some amazing Beard graft work, they don’t use chest hair though. HDC is another option who have a good reputation with higher Norwoods.

Maybe look at Dr Bicer also. If you really want to fully maximise your donor area then you could start out with FUT or even FUT/FUE combo (Dr Bisanga) 

All of these clinics recommended by the forum. You will find many cases posted by both patients and the clinic themselves. 

With realistic expectations I do think you would get some decent coverage especially with your plan for the crown. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 3

Definitely stay away from any clinic that uses chest hair. It is typically not used because of its short life span after transplanting. You've got very good density in your beard and could probably have all you want to make up for the difference of what your natural hair donor can supply. I too would recommend either Dr Bisanga or Eugenix. Perhaps if you wanted to maximize your natural donor and squeeze every last graft out of it, I may lean more towards Dr Bisanga as he can do the FUT/FUE combo as @JohnAC71 mentioned. He also is just as skilled as any other with beard hair. He's a bit more expensive, but definitely worth having a consult with.

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

Also, if you really want to take this seriously and not F@#$ around with it, get on Minoxidil and Finasteride as soon as possible to keep what little you have from disappearing. Hopefully you are on those 2 things already and have stabilized the loss, but if not, that would be a mandatory part of the process.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Also, if you really want to take this seriously and not F@#$ around with it, get on Minoxidil and Finasteride as soon as possible to keep what little you have from disappearing. Hopefully you are on those 2 things already and have stabilized the loss, but if not, that would be a mandatory part of the process.

Agree with this 👌 Fin and Minox will certainly help in keeping/maintaining your existing hair. 

• Like 2

Agreed, I need to get on that ASAP.

Are we allowed to talk sources on this board?

From a search I can find only 1 seller of a topical Minox 5% and Fin 0.05% solution in the UK.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of a UK/European source that would be great.

Derma rolling too seems to help?

Thanks for all all advice so far.