The Hair Dr, Leeds

• Administrators

At just under 5 months this is shaping up to be fantastic. The difference is already significant 🙌🏼AD74C7ED-47AE-48CC-BB91-FA7220CD3405.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 1:05 PM, Marko7t4 said:

Just under 5 months now. Just had a haircut. Spoke to The Hair Dr today and they’ve recommended Minoxidil to give my HT a boost. Here are some pictures showing what it now looks like. 

10BFD955-5AA5-459C-8FA1-830801CB01CC.jpeg

9571BFBD-3A44-48C3-A142-21B1AFC4B882.jpeg

9C0303F7-7BEE-4F9E-8300-8FAE05E7388C.jpeg

Starting to look great 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Six and a half months. Post shower pics. Left side is looking denser than the right, but obviously there’s still a lot of time to grow. Minoxidil seems to be helping. Want to dye my hair desperately but advised in doctors post op leaflet to leave it for 12 months. 

E9AAFADB-C66C-4E2E-9954-244CCC332430.jpeg

39F57BD9-E55D-416C-B140-01958C05A1AE.jpeg

B8156FD3-39D3-4260-A98D-C90E79C82808.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be honest, yes I would be a little concerned at this stage. Not to say it won’t improve as you still have at least another 4 months to go. But normally you would be expecting better growth/density at this point.

Have you been Im contact with the clinic ? Just curious on what their feedback is. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thebaldingman said:

I wouldn’t worry yet!! My biggest signs of growth came at around the 9 months mark.

I remember your case, and yes it improved in the later months. Didn’t you also get a touch up done recently ? 

Edited by JC71

58 minutes ago, JC71 said:

To be honest, yes I would be a little concerned at this stage. Not to say it won’t improve as you still have at least another 4 months to go. But normally you would be expecting better growth/density at this point.

Have you been Im contact with the clinic ? Just curious on what their feedback is. 

Thanks mate. I appreciate the honesty. The clinic put me on minoxidil a couple of months ago. When I sent pictures last month I got a response asking if I was taking fin/min and using Nizoral shampoo, which sort of implied that they thought it should be further along than it was. I know Dr Arshad is great with follow ups and top ups, etc, but I would’ve rather had a decent result in the first place instead of having to have more surgery. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Thanks mate. I appreciate the honesty. The clinic put me on minoxidil a couple of months ago. When I sent pictures last month I got a response asking if I was taking fin/min and using Nizoral shampoo, which sort of implied that they thought it should be further along than it was. I know Dr Arshad is great with follow ups and top ups, etc, but I would’ve rather had a decent result in the first place instead of having to have more surgery. 

It’s exactly that which has been concerning me with some of the Dr Arshad results. Whilst the after care is appreciated, it really shouldn’t be needed so often.

This means the yield hasn’t been that good for some, and therefore reduces the amount of grafts left available for future procedures. I’m not saying this is the case for all patients, just that it’s happening on more occasions that it should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

It looks better than the previous month’s, its improving each month, it’s a drastic difference from before. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

43 minutes ago, aKaWonderKid said:

I wonder whats happened to Dr arshad? His results were amazing but all of a sudden not the best and offering free top ups

He didn’t do the implanting. Could it be a problem with the technicians?

2 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

He didn’t do the implanting. Could it be a problem with the technicians?

I know that some of the techs have been with him for years. I’m not aware of any particular changes within the clinic, but I’m certain something has changed. 

3 minutes ago, Zoobz said:

The quality of Dr Arshad has been poor for quite a number of results now. It's a shame as he was initially fantastic in the UK. I would now officially strike them off a viable UK clinic.

I do agree with you, I saw perfectly good results for a long time before he became forum recommended. And am very disappointed we don’t actually have anybody from the Uk I could actually feel comfortable in recommending. 

Edited by JC71

• Administrators

This result looks good, why are we having a conversation, as if this isn’t a good result at 8 months. The crown looks awesome, good growth in the hairline thus far, with more time for improvement. 

7913C988-200D-4211-9EFD-79598F8C9C59.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

Because although it's a improvement, it's far below what we would expect at this stage. Few months left so maybe it will improve, but it's unlikely. 

No points dancing around reality. Say it how it really is so OP can move forward with the correct action

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Zoobz said:

Because although it's a improvement, it's far below what we would expect at this stage. Few months left so maybe it will improve, but it's unlikely. 

No points dancing around reality. Say it how it really is so OP can move forward with the correct action

I am saying it how it is, it looks better than the last month, with more months ahead. How can OP move forward when it’s only 8 months? Your post doesn’t even make sense. 

Op, please share front facing and top down pictures as well so we have more before and afters for comparison. 

View my thread

59 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I am saying it how it is, it looks better than the last month, with more months ahead. How can OP move forward when it’s only 8 months? Your post doesn’t even make sense. 

Op, please share front facing and top down pictures as well so we have more before and afters for comparison. 

Here is a couple I’ve just taken after my shower and hair wash. The top is doing really well. My main concern is the left hand side at the front. A few I’ve tried to comb my hair up on. Then I’ve put it forward to compare. 

80333AF6-AE75-4338-BBDE-EFC6664936A6.jpeg

A1D84C1E-912B-4E98-971B-42966BDD090F.jpeg

5DBEFC51-F4B9-428F-8F82-746FDE988B42.jpeg

89C4182A-5C9F-442A-B88F-6757BC64D44D.jpeg

B3F088BB-A9BD-4C9B-AC43-C32407095EBA.jpeg

BDA022F6-AC8F-4F5B-8C69-684A9259113C.jpeg

46CD7FBA-B6B4-40C1-9DE5-31B268533EA1.jpeg

F808B722-5C70-4B6F-BF58-6F5C78F0B891.jpeg

70BAAB3A-3D9B-4021-B9C8-994B72F8E1EB.jpeg

• Like 1